BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 20, 2009

*glare* Did YOU steal my diary?

I marched into my brothers' bedroom and gave them my most intimidating stare, silently, until I had their full attention. Joel lowered his thick novel and David asked, "What?" I pursed my lips. "Did you guys take my diary?"

They looked at me and started laughing. I wasn't sure if they were guilty, or if they thought that was the most ridiculous idea they'd ever heard. However stereotypical diary-stealing brothers may be, my brothers, first and foremost, would probably be bored out of their minds if they could even read my cursive, and secondly, wouldn't invade my privacy even if it would be interesting. Still, they were more likely than my sister and parents, and I'd already checked everywhere that I could have left it.

Joel and David were still rolling on their beds laughing, Joel gasping, "I... can't... breathe!!!" when Sarah walked in. "What's so funny?"By this time, I was trying to stifle my own laughter. "Did YOU take my diary?" Sarah instantly started laughing. If I didn't know better, I would think they were all in on it, but they know enough about my thoughts to know that my diary would be redundant to them.

Sarah followed me when I went to check if Mom had seen it. After Mom affirmed that she hadn't taken it, Sarah asked, "Did you even know she HAS a diary?" To which Mom admitted that she didn't.

Daddy is already asleep, so he's the only un-investigated suspect... I just can't figure out what happened to it! It must have been me... but I only write in it in one place, and I only keep it in one place, and I looked both, and in between isn't a very far distance either... quite frustrating.

And I just wanted to copy down an interesting passage I just read.

~Lizzie

3 random thoughts:

Abigail said...

I didn't steal your diary either! :D

I cracked up over this post...

Anna said...

Hey, I just found your blog through Abigails blog, and i love it!
This post sounds just like me! Thankfully though, if I were to ask my older brothers, they'd be 'you have a diary?' :)
This made me laugh!!

Lizzie said...

Hey, thanks, Anna!
Unfortunately, my brothers only know that I have a diary because I've lost it before... ;) (speaking of which, I found it... it fell out of its hiding place and I didn't look far enough.)
It's nice to bloggy "meet" you! =)