BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

2009 NC State Fair!

Theme? "A Whole Lot of Happy"

New Competition? "TXT-O-LYMPIX"
"One competition at this year’s N.C. State Fair is all about thumbs, and not just the green variety. TXT-O-LYMPIX, a texting challenge of speed and accuracy, makes its debut this year. The winner earns a blue ribbon and boasts the title of “Fastest State Fair Thumb” for the remainder of the Fair."

Um... PUH-LEEZE!!!

*rolls eyes and goes to contemplate sewing and baking entry ideas*

~Lizzie

7 random thoughts:

N said...

*gulp* Fair-time! And ours is earlier than the state fair. I have no idea if I'm going to get anything done to enter! :o

Texting? Text.....*splutter, splutter* Oh well, if they want to. It's their fingers that are going to cramp. :D I'm looking forward to when the no texting while driving law goes into effect. I'll feel much safer!

Allie said...

My cousin could win that. I swear, I don't know anyone who texts. And wait...there's a no texting law going into effect? *gulp* When?

Lizzie said...

Yeah, I can't wait for the no texting while driving!
And Allie, you must have missed that it's no texting WHILE DRIVING... please tell me you don't text while you drive... :P

Allie said...

I actually do on a rare occasion. But not in traffic, and I don't have to look at the keypad. But I will admit, it's not safe at all.

N said...

January, I think? And yeah...I very occasionally send a short message while driving, so I may miss that, but in the long run I'm glad the people who look at the road every ten seconds while they're driving will have to put down their phones and pay attention. :P

Jessica said...

High and mighty "I" does not text while driving, because it's dangerous. Ugh....stupid competition. Just another place we Americans are focusing all our time and energy on instead of on important matters, along with things like celebrities, materialism.....ooh, now I feel a post coming on...

N said...

*pokes Jessica with her cell phone* I seriously only text one or two words while driving...I'm not really capable of more. Especially since I simply cannot figure out how to use the feature on my phone that guesses what word you're going for and starts filling it in!