BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Caroling and Cold Cider

Despite my visions of shotguns and dogs that merit more than a "beware of dog" sign, I actually set off caroling with our group with high spirits. Yes, it felt like summer, and it felt kinda strange, like maybe we were over-obsessed Christmas-in-July carolers. But it was fun, and there were no shotguns, although there were people peeking out windows and then ignoring us. For them we have an altered version of "We Wish You a Merry Christmas".....

It was great fun until it began to rain. It sprinkled, and then when we started singing it would pour, and then we would head back to the clubhouse, so it would go back to just a mist, and then we would decide to keep going since it stopped raining and then it would start pouring again. We finally gave up and went back to the clubhouse very damp. We were hoping for some hot cider, but we didn't spend enough time caroling, so it was in the crock-pot, not-so-warm.

We had some dessert and barely warm cider, prayed a few minutes and then went home to get into dry clothes. It really was fun, and I hope we'll do it again next week... hopefully without rain.

The games yesterday were really fun, all the way in Greensboro. We spent about 4 hours driving. And we have to go almost all the way back for the games Friday...

Tomorrow is our swim meet with NRCA, Cary Christian and Grace Christian. And Sarah's band concert. It's going to be crazy, and I just hope that the meet is over soon enough that we'll see some of the concert. I'm terrified that we're going to miss the whole thing, and I so want to see it.

~Lizzie

3 random thoughts:

Jessica said...

Well, at least you covered some houses!

I like the new background! I actually considered it for MY winter background, but then I decided that I would just stick with the one I have now till I get bored of it. :)

Jonathan David Page said...

Do we get to know what the altered version of "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" is, or is that a secret reserved for Scrooge? :)

Lizzie said...

Haha, Jessica! I'm glad my background meets your approval. But I'm also glad you decided not to use it because then I wouldn't have been able to use it. :D

Jos: Well, a few different versions were suggested, but there isn't an official version because there were too many responsible adults in the party who refused to be rude. ;D Two of the versions replaced "merry" with "awful" and "stinky." I don't remember what replaced "happy" but there's nothing spell-binding.