BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Spring break!!

This past Thursday was the last day of swimming for a whole week... which I unfortunately missed because I managed to get the cold that the rest of my family already had. *frown* So anyway, we're going up to VA for the East Coast Homeschool Basketball Championship and won't go back to swimming until March 17 (3 days before our meet! Yikes!) and besides getting sick for the break, I tried fake plastic fingernails for the first time in my life (because now I can actually wear them for more than a couple days before they fall off in the pool or get ripped off [ouch] playing water polo) and got my second set of ear piercings (because I've been wanting them and now they'll have a chance to heal before I go back to swimming... funny how it all relates to swimming...). No need to deride me, my brothers have already adequately criticized my "stupid" fingernails and earrings. And sadly, even Sarah thinks my second piercings are "gaudy" and the fingernails "really look fake." Mom likes both (she did the piercings... don't worry, she's a nurse) and Daddy hasn't said much either way, besides consenting to both.

I'm not sure what I think of the fingernails. I think they look pretty good, besides being a little shiny, and with very white tips. I like how they tap on the keyboard and flat, hard surfaces... but it's really hard to grab things!



Pardon how weird I look. I'm sick, I can't help it. I suppose I could have waited until I looked normal, but I felt like doing this post today.

I've really enjoyed spending yesterday and today outside, it's SO nice and warm! And so obliging of it to be warm when I'm sick! The only thing worse than just being sick is being sick and COLD.

2 random thoughts:

Abigail said...

Oh dear, you do look slightly vicious in the picture! lol
I'm not a big fan of fake nails, (I've heard so many pianists trying to perform with fake nails, and the "tick tick" noises annoyed me! :P) but I think the second piercing looks quite nice on you.
I'm sorry you are sick! I hope you get well real soon.

Lizzie said...

I know... I knew I didn't feel good, but I had no idea I looked so bad... :P
Oh, the clicking on piano keys drives me crazy! My teacher never allowed me to have clicky nails. I'd kept them clipped off at the quick for so long, I think that's why the fake nails are such a novelty to me. =D
Thank you! :)