BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 1, 2009

YEAH!!!!!!

Our Varsity boys won the NCHE State Basketball tournament!! And our JV boys got 2nd!! We drove up to Greensboro last night to watch them play. The games were sooooo tense.

JV should have won... the game was really close until the end, when the refs made 3 really bad calls, and the other team made their free throws. The guys were so disappointed, but 2nd is good!! They just knew that they deserved to win... that makes it so much worse. If it had been a lucky break that they made 2nd, then they would have been happy. That was pretty frustrating.

Our Varsity opponent apparently expected to beat us... Before the game, Sarah overheard two of the moms from the other team talking about how easy the game was going to be. It was pretty close for most of the game. We were down by about 10 at one point, and the other team was down by about 20 at another point, but at the end we went into TWO overtimes. At the end of the 4th quarter we were up, and then the other team got the ball, went down and made a shot RIGHT before the buzzer. But at the end of the second overtime, we beat them by 4 points.

I considered trying to take pictures for about one millisecond, but dismissed that idea because in my anxiety, I probably would have destroyed my camera... if I didn't crush it with my bare hands, I would have dropped it, slung it onto the court or at the very least cracked someone in the head with it. Anyway, Sarah took pictures, and she's going to put them on here once she's finished putting them on Facebook...

And of course, we went out to eat afterward to celebrate. We were going to go to Chili's, but they couldn't seat us all together, so we went across the street to Ham's.




They wrote "Hawks" on a napkin for a banner... isn't it great??

The little kids... except for Anna. Don't worry, Anna, we know you were just supervising.





We took up a whole section... this is almost all of the "kids."

A picture of some of the G's... but, Mr. G, where did you go? He *was* in the picture... Oh well. A good picture of the G girls.

Looking at pictures on a camera.

We left the restaurant at about 1 am to drive all the way home... we got home at 2:30 am.

Congratulations guys, you did it!!! w00t!!

~Lizzie

4 random thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have been there! I'm so happy they won!!!!

Anna Taylor said...

YAY!!!!!!!! I still can't believe it!!!!! I am SO glad you were there and right beside me too! I don't know what I would have done without you!!Love you!

N said...

Yay! :)

Jessica said...

That's great! Hey....what is Lauren doing sitting with all the guys? :P