BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Success!

Sarah couldn't decide on what kind of cake she wanted (as I mentioned before) so I decided to brave the crockpot again and try a Chocolate Sundae Cake. I put it together and let it cook while we went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant. When we got home, I turned it off and let it cool for about a half hour and then we ate it with vanilla ice cream on top.

It turned out really good... I was so relieved.

It's a really interesting cake... it was basically just a chocolate cake batter (I think it'd be even better with chocolate chips added!) spread in the bottom of the crock pot, and then you mix sugar, cocoa power and hot water until smooth and pour it over the cake. When it finished cooking, the sauce was under the cake, and the cake was kinda floating! (And that wasn't my mistake, the recipe said it should end up that way...)

Sarah, enjoying the cake (her hair straightened with her new hair straightener...)

~Lizzie

3 random thoughts:

Mom said...

I think it would be good with nuts!:)

Mom said...

I like the new look!

Lizzie said...

Thanks! :P