BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 24, 2008

Fair - Second day

Our second day of the fair was yesterday. We went straight to the fair from the pool after swim practice, with our friends, the M's. We got popcorn, and rode some rides... the Pirate-ship, and a roller coaster. Unfortunately, we determined that our favorite ride, The Crazy Mouse, wasn't at the fair this year. :(
Then we went and got Gyros for supper. Our family has a tradition of getting Gyros from John the Greek at the fair. They are soooo good.

After we finished our Gyros, we went to the art building to show off Sarah and David's entries to the M's. Now, this whole time, I hadn't been feeling particularly energetic, after all, I swam 2 hours, and had dance and theatre on Tuesday, and then I swam 2 and a half hours on Wednesday, and then I swam 2 hours right before we went to the fair. While we were in the art building, I started to feel even more tired. So tired that I was even considering just laying on the floor. The floor was disgustingly dirty for one, and laying on the floor not very mature behavior for the other.

Then we ran into some other friends and while we were standing there talking to them, I started to feel sick. And over the next 10 minutes I went from just being tired to being dizzy, shaky and feeling like I might not get to keep the gyro I'd just eaten. Someone very kindly informed me that I was very white (which isn't much of an accomplishment if you know how white I am usually.... but apparently I was abnormally white).

Daddy and Mr. M prayed for me, and then our whole group slowly made our way out of the art building while my family tried to decide if I was going to sit (sleep) in the car while they stayed at the fair a little longer, or if we should all go home. But by the time we got out of the building I was already feeling better. So I decided I'd try to stick it out, and by the time we'd walked over to the rides, I was feeling much better. We watched the some of our friends ride a very scary-looking ride, and by then I felt perfectly normal. It was so cool, I've never had prayer work that quickly on me.

I even decided to ride the Sky Rider, which swings back and forth until it finally flips all the way around and then slowly stops. This concerned some of the group, particularly those who were going to be on the ride with me. I heard a lot of, "You know that this ride can make you sick even if you AREN'T sick already, right?" "Do you want to take a barf bag with you?" "Are you SURE you want to come?" But I felt great, I didn't even feel tired anymore. And the ride didn't make me sick, although it was pretty scary at first. Then I just gave up and enjoyed it. It was fun.

This is a shot I took just because I thought it looked cool.

After the rides, we went over to watch the fireworks. I have a fireworks setting on my camera (yeah, specifically for fireworks!) so I took a bunch of pictures.

Sometimes the camera "over-exposed" the pictures, taking a really long time to click. This was the result. I actually kinda like it. It's somewhat like a movie of the fireworks.

Another blurry over-exposed one.

I like the green...

Yet another over-exposed picture.

This one is also over-exposed. It's kinda weird.



I like the tree in this one. It's weird in a good way. :P

I had two great times at the fair this year. I used to worry that as I got older that maybe I wouldn't enjoy the fair as much, but to the contrary, I'm at the point where I still enjoy the rides and food, but I also enjoy walking around the Village of Yesteryear and other such slightly more intellectual aspects of the fair. Hopefully it will stay that way.

~Lizzie

1 random thoughts:

N said...

Sometimes I get feeling sick if I don't get enough fresh air, so going outside helps...it's kind of weird. You'd think you'd feel out of breath or something, not sick. I'm glad you got feeling better fast though. :)