BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 3, 2008

Painfully slow.

I recently heard "Stand" by Rascall Flatts... it's an okay song, but I really like the line "life's like a novel with the end ripped out." It's such a good analogy, it makes me laugh.

I'm a really fast reader. Or so I'm told. I've never been able to devour good books as fast as I would like for myself. After I realized that life really is like a novel with the end ripped out, I also realized why I wish my life would go just a little faster. It's not that I mind living it this slow, as a matter of fact, I wish I could live it a little slower. But I do wish that I could read it faster. It feels like, at the end of every day, I open the book of my life and watch an invisible pen write one sentence in an excruciatingly careful hand. And I read that one sentence over and over. It doesn't take long to memorize it. And the next day I wake up and live another sentence. For me, this is torture. I'm so interested in how my story turns out! My life is a book that I would stay up all night to finish, but I don't have that option. I guess that's actually a good thing though, because it probably wouldn't be as much fun to live it if you'd already read the entire story.

Actually, now that I think about it, I probably don't truly want to read it. I'd rather not know about the bad things ahead of time. But I do wish I could know a little about the good things... Ah, well. I'm off to start another line of my life.

~Lizzie

3 random thoughts:

Jessica said...

That's a really good analogy...and it's weird because I feel the exact same way, like, all the time!! It is frustrating, but when I examine my desires, I guess I see that life wouldn't be nearly as exciting if I knew what was going to happen, even if I didn't know how it was going to happen.

It's scary how it is as if we're the same person sometimes... :P

Lizzie said...

I think it's kinda cool how we're like the same person sometimes. :P

Jessica said...

Scary in a cool way.