BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Humph.

Well, I had something I was going to write about. And I can't remember what it was, and I asked Sarah (because she was there when I decided to write about whatever it was) and she said that she can't remember either, but whatever it was, it was boring. *pouts*

Ah! I just thought of something to rant about. First, look at this link (Warning: creepy and gross): Link... Have you looked? Don't read on until you looked and really studied the picture. And read the description. That's important too. If you're still reading and you thought you could get away without looking at the article, you were wrong!

Okay, everyone read it now? And looked at the picture? Good.

Oh, MY, GOSH!!!! That has GOT to be the WORST book to ever be written! Quick, enjoy the last month and a half before publication, when life as we know it will suddenly become 10 times worse! AHHHHH!!!!! It's sacrilege! It's indescribably awful! How can you combine ZOMBIES, of all the most childish, stupid, horrific and idiotic fantastical creatures, with something as classic, genteel, well-written and beyond amazing as Pride and Prejudice? It's malicious! Ooooh. *shudders*

I'm so disgusted.

~Lizzie

9 random thoughts:

Jessica said...

Ugh, you made me look at it even though I had already seen it thanks to Matt? Still, I think it's kind of funny that he had that idea.

Anonymous said...

Gross!

Jonathan David Page said...

Ahem, one might have hinted what was behind that link... one of my little siblings was in the room, and I can only close a tab so fast when using a trackpad.

Lizzie said...

Sorry Jessica. :P

And I'm truly sorry, Jos... I didn't think of that...

Anonymous said...

Ugh.

...this insanely funny expanded edition will introduce Jane Austen's classic novel to new legions of fans.

Who would actually read this? Actually, don't answer that...I don't want to know.

N said...

Ugh, how stupid. Sure it's appealing to all new fans, but it's not the same book at all, so why not just write a whole new one, people?!

Jonathan David Page said...

They don't write a new book for the same reason some publishers use ghostwriters to produce books they can sell as if they were written by popular authors - because it's more sellable and more likely to make more money.

Anonymous said...

But how many people who like books about flesh-eating zombies would want to read something "by" Jane Austen?

Jessica said...

Um, I know two.