BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, May 23, 2008

Grrrrr.

The floor in Sarah's and my room recently became visible (entirely by magic) so I decided to vacuum. I got out our faithful vacuum cleaner, dubbed "The Vacuum of Sauron" by Sarah (can you tell that she doesn't like the vacuum?) and got ready to vacuum. I turned it on and.... something definitely wasn't working.

The roller brush was completely entangled with hair (a disgusting phenomenon that is, unfortunately, almost completely unavoidable when half the people in a family have really long hair). So I grabbed a screwdriver and scissors, and set out to remove the roller brush, clean off the hair and deposit the hair around Mom's magnolia tree (in an effort to keep the deer from terrorizing the poor little tree). I returned the clean roller brush to the vacuum and was about to replace the cover and begin vacuuming, when I noticed that one of those belts (that appear to have no use whatsoever) was decidedly out of place.

Of course, it's in a very small place, and the belt is really tight. I nearly broke all my fingers and 2 pencils before I decided that a very long screwdriver was needed. Let's not go into detail about how long it took to get the belt back on, or how many times I nearly screamed in frustration as the belt was ALMOST in place... and then slid off again. The belt finally back in position, I started vacuuming about 2 hours after I originally came up with the idea. Within seconds, a very nauseating smell that smelled something like something burning filled the room.

I'm almost ready to throw the vacuum cleaner out the window (imagining doing so is very satisfying). I have no idea what's wrong with it. Sometimes it makes that smell when the hair needs to be cleaned out, but I already cleaned out the hair! Maybe the bag needs to be replaced..... but I replaced the bag fairly recently and it usually doesn't make that smell when the bag is full. Urgh. I hate vacuum cleaners. I want wood floors in my room... then I can sweep and scrub the floor. Sometimes I'm certain that I was born in the wrong century.

*sigh* I guess I'll go change the bag. Accursed vacuum.

~Lizzie

2 random thoughts:

Jessica said...

Funny, Lizzie...you and I need to have a, "That Darned Fate" club or something.

Lizzie said...

I agree, Jess. And I like the name. Let's consider it official.