BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, May 30, 2008

Shadow

My sister's lovely little cat has been very industriously making herself annoying recently, so as a day-after-Sarah's-birthday post I decided to rant about her cat. As I type, my forearm is sticking to my desk because of some milk Shadow spilled. Excuse me while I go wash my arm and wipe the desk off. Again.

Yeah, so that story deserves a good paragraph. Daddy left a glass of milk up here on my desk when he was doing some work on my uncooperative computer. Shadow decided she wanted to drink and stuck her face into it (no, I wasn't watching..... I've just seen her do it millions of times. Usually to glasses full of water that are on the edge of a table/desk..... Yep. They fall and shatter. So I should be grateful, right? This time it was a plastic cup.....) until she didn't fit anymore, and then she tipped it over. So my George Muller biography is drying out, and I had to "clean out" a whole bunch of papers... lucky I didn't desperately need any of them.

Yesterday morning she brought in a black snake (again, INSIDE the HOUSE!!!!).... which was promptly trapped under over-turned trash-can (by Mom) and there he waited for Daddy to get home. A couple days ago, Shadow brought in a live bird and began tearing out its feathers under David's chair. Again, it was promptly trapped (this time in a empty yogurt container) and replaced outside. (Miraculously, it survived. We think, anyway. It disappeared after a few hours, while Shadow was locked upstairs.) She also brought in 3 rabbits last summer, plus innumerable mice and birds.

Then there's Shadows obsession with clean water. She has this nice metal water bowl. We even sometimes put ice in it (another of her obsessions). As soon as we give her clean water, she drinks a little and then puts her paw in it, and swirls the water all around (naturally dirtying the water with cat hair and such). Then she refuses to drink it.... because it's dirty. When her water is dirty, she licks the faucet to our filtered water (which is gross, because that's OUR water!!).

She also likes to jump onto shelves (usually ones that are mounted on the wall... and NOT with the weight of a full-grown cat in mind! Fortunately, Shadow is pretty skinny, so she hasn't broken any shelves yet, but they wobble precariously, and she usually knocks stuff off of them.

Then she likes to stand on my keyboard, which makes it make annoying noises, like "bonk, bonk, bonk" over and over..... plus she likes to stand on it while I'm trying to type, obscuring my view and usually messing up my typing. She also likes to scratch on the side of my computer, and her claws catch in the cooling fan and make a scalp-tinglingly HORRIBLE noise.

She tries to open doors, which is disturbing because the door handle jiggles loudly and very redundantly.

And last, but not least.... during thunderstorms, she likes to create blood-curdling meows and pace/jump on my bed and crawl all over me. The thunderstorm doesn't wake me up... she does. I don't think she understands that she's SARAH's cat.

Here is a picture of Shadow:



As you can see, she is a black cat, but she is most decidedly blonde.

And after all that..... we love her anyway. *shakes head and smiles*

~Lizzie

3 random thoughts:

N said...

Hoo boy, she looks like trouble!

Speaking of things on desks...I'm wondering why there's an ant crawling across my desk? Now it's walking around the edge of my teacup...*goes off to smoosh the ant*

Allie said...

Hahaha. I love Shadow!! There's nothing like waking up in the morning and finding a message from her on my computer. ;) She's rather annoying with her obsession with critters, though.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how much we'll forgive kitties for?? Have you seen "an engineer's guide to cats?" I love his method of discipline :D