BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A business venture....

As most of you probably know, Sarah and I are in a theatre class and we're going to perform "Annie" in June. (June 14 at 2:00pm and 7:00pm. Tickets are now available if you want to come.....) About 2 months ago, our director, Mr. Green, informed us that the people playing orphans would need to have costumes sewn... the responsibility of the parents or something. In other words, he wants a particular costume, and he's not providing it.

Sarah and I aren't playing orphans, so we didn't need to do a costume and decided instead to help our friends Kara and Rachel with Rachel's costume. (Kara and I did most of the work.... mostly because we only had 2 machines.) We weren't sure exactly how to go about sewing a costume, so my mom taught us how to do most everything. It was soooo much fun! It seemed like a daunting task at first... we had to make a pioneer-type dress, pinafore and bloomers. We had some not-so-perfect moments... like when the first sleeve turned out to be 3/4 lengths when it was supposed to go all the way to Rachel's wrist... and when we nearly died laughing over a mistake which involved sewing across the front of the dress (where no sewing was necessary) but we ended up with a very nice finished product, and we really enjoyed making it.

So we actually decided to make a business out of it. Some of the other orphans in the class haven't started their costumes yet, and we're hoping that we'll be allowed to start our business by making their costumes for them (for a price, of course) but we hope to eventually provide any type of custom order from costumes to everyday clothes. We even have a name, but since we're paying royalties for it I don't think I'll share it until we have it copy-righted, or whatever it is you do to names.... lol. :D

So anyway. I'm really excited about this..... Kara nor I are planning to go to college, so this will be a great way for us to be productive and earn some money while we wait for God to show us the next stages of our lives. I hope it works out!

Some of you may remember my post back in February "Getting Nowhere Real Fast" where I was raving about how confused I was about my future plans. I am very happy to announce that I have felt completely at peace about not going to college for almost a month now. I am certain that God's plans for me do not involve college, and ever since I've released myself from the idea that I *should* go to college I've had all these exciting ideas about businesses and what I can do with my newfound freedom. I can't wait to see what God has for me up ahead.

I'm always coming up with kinda weird pictures to describe mental/spiritual occurrences, and I think I will share this one. All of the options and "shoulds" for my future were in my hands. I was trying to pick through the chaff and the wheat all by myself and asking God to help me separate them. God was telling me to just let go. So then I finally just threw them all up in the air, and God blew away the chaff and let some plump grains of wheat fall back into my open hands. He is so good.

~Lizzie

2 random thoughts:

Anonymous said...

That's thrilling! I'm very happy for you ;)
Be sure to keep us posted on how it goes!

Chris said...

cool! let's talk about this when i visit next week.