BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

"Annie!"

Yesterday was the longest day ever. Field of Dreams had a dance recital at NRCA right before the first performance of "Annie" and the recital ran over, so "Annie" was pushed back from 2 to 2:30. We got into makeup while the recital was finishing, and for the next 9 hours, I had enough makeup on my face to make 3 awful orange tans.

The first show was very much like a dress rehearsal. We'd never run through the entire show all at once, so there were a lot of things we discovered about costume changes, missing props ("Oh, yes, the check. I'd almost forgotten... oh, wait, I did forget. Drake, do YOU have the check?" "Uh, no sir.....") but it went fairly well, and it was soooo much fun!

By the end of the first show, I felt like it was 9 at night or so. And Mr. Green dismissed us for a mere hour before we had to come back and do it all over again. So I went to go get out of costume. My hair had so much hair spray in it, it felt like paper. And the mic tape on the back of my neck was stuck in my hair (WHY did they put *2* pieces?!?) But I finally got back into my "me" clothes and ate my cold chick-fil-a sandwich.

Aaaand then we did it all over again. The second show had a much more enthusiastic audience (led mostly by Eddie's [Mr. Warbucks] cheerleaders. They screamed and clapped and everyone else followed suit).

I was less stressed out in the second show so in some ways it was more fun. We danced backstage, and I got to be in Hooverville in the second show. That was a BLAST. It was so much fun, I can't wait to do it again. Every show reminds me just how much I love theatre.

I was really crazy and hyper afterwards. Entirely on adrenaline... I hadn't had any caffeine that day because it's bad for your vocal cords, especially if you're trying to sing. Some of us headed over to Wendy's for frosties, and Sarah, Allie and Jess rode with me... we were rocking out to TobyMac with the windows down and the sunroof open and I confess.... I was driving with no hands ... but just in the NRCA parking lot. And it was mostly empty.

Then Sarah and I came home and stayed up til 2, watching the play on DVD. Someday I'm going to sing onstage and NOT be flat. *frown* But anyway. I want to take voice lessons.....

Now I'm really sad that it's over. But at least my days won't be empty. Tomorrow we have swimming, Tuesday we have a meet, Wednesday we have swimming, Thursday we have water polo, and Friday, Saturday and possibly Sunday, we're going camping! *whoooooo*

~Lizzie

2 random thoughts:

Anonymous said...

heh, I always tend to go sharp...

You really should try to take some voice lessons, they're so much fun! And it's helped me with piano, too. You know how when talking about phrasing the teachers always say "think about it as if you are a singer," well now that makes so much more sense!

Lizzie said...

I really want to take voice! But the problem is that I will probably have to drop piano if I want to take up voice.... so I haven't decided yet.