BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 23, 2008

Camping trip: Part 2

Before I get started on another long post about our fantastic camping trip, I want to mention this article that Natalie linked on her blog..... "20-Something Reasons to Live at Home". It's really good and has given me even more reasons to continue living at home when I'm older. Thank you, Natalie, for sharing it!

Now to continue with the description of our camping trip.... since there's nothing else for me to blog about and I'm sure all of our faithful readers are on the edges of their seats in anticipation.

Jess, Sarah and I were up at 6:30... and we were hungry. Unfortunately for us, all the food was in our Suburban, and the Suburban (or "Sub" as we affectionately call it) was locked. Aaaaaand, the keys were in my parents tent, and most likely in an inaccessible place (My guess: my dad's pocket). So we suffered for a while before our trying to break into the Sub aroused my parents enough to ask what was wrong with us and give us the keys. We wolfed down some fruit yogurt and popped our Starbucks frappuchinos into the cooler to get cold. The rest of our group appeared in small clusters and we played cards while we drank our frappuchinos.

Joel discovered his 3rd alternate identity...... for those of you who don't know, he already has his normal self, which goes by the name Joel. Then he has a goofy character with a high-pitched voice that goes by Lenny. He put on a camo hat backwards and found Bubba. Bubba is an Italian trucker person...... I still haven't gotten used to him. (I know it sounds like some weird thing, but really, Joel's just pretending..... he doesn't have multiple personality disorder. Just to clarify). Jess started an add-on story about Bubba, where we disclose his life story and some very traumatic secrets about his unfortunate personality. (Sarah has a picture of Bubba which I tried to upload, but as you'll see in more detail below, I'm having difficulty with her pictures.)

Then we had a full-fledged breakfast of pancakes and egg-sandwiches before heading down to the beach. We played an slightly improvised version of water polo (with no goals..... go figure), floated in floaties, swam and sailed our Sunfish. Here are a few pictures that I took:

Daddy, Marck and David on the Sunfish.

Hannah and Chandler on their "boat."

Mr. M, my dad, and Joel, putting the Sunfish away for the night.

A neat shot.... not sure how I got it, it was entirely accidental.

This is a shot of a kayaker. Believe it. Ha, I'm not sure what setting I put it on, but for some reason it "clicked" for about 5 seconds.... thus the fuzziness. I decided that it looks kinda like a modern piece of artwork and decided to share my diverse artistic talent.

And because Sarah said that she won't do a post with her pictures, I asked and received her permission to share some of her photos (infinitely superior to mine). Unfortunately, I have spent the last hour trying to get her pictures to upload to blogger and it isn't working. So they'll have to appear later. *frown* Maybe from her computer....

So anyway. This is going to sound somewhat anticlimactic.... we all watched the sunset, and everyone started heading back to camp. Jess and I hung out on the beach until it was decidedly dark, discussing serious topics.... and when we got back, there were only 2 marshmallows left! So we each got a very small s'more and then we all played Infinite Questions (near cousin to the game "20 Questions") until we turned in.

~Lizzie

2 random thoughts:

N said...

You're welcome! :)

Looks like a fun camping trip (says I because I wasn't there...I would have been completely eaten by mosquitoes and not having fun)! :D

I like that random neat shot, it looks almost black and white, but with just a bit of color. And the modern art one is pretty cool too! ;)

Lizzie said...

Oh, I know, I usually have problems with mosquitoes.... it wasn't too bad though, between the bug spray and the smoke from the campfire....

Thanks! :)