BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sun rays and the Possum

I kinda like the title...... it sounds interesting. Sorry to disappoint, but I'm fairly certain that this post will not follow through with its title's interestingness.

First, some pictures I got of sun rays on Monday. I absolutely love sun rays.



This is a possum that disturbed our prayer meeting at the (empty *sniffle*) pool.
He was sure trouble. I'm not sure I feel like going into a long descriptive story, but lets just say that it fell into the pool (let me remind you that the pool is mostly empty, except for the diving well, which has some green stuff that used to resemble water in it) and then the guys tried to get it out with the long-handled net that they use to skim the pool.

That wasn't working so well and finally the stupid animal went and fell in the diving well. It crawled out onto a ledge in the corner of the diving well, where it finally hung onto the net. Then they chased it around the pool deck, trying to find a hole in the fence (it's some kind of natural frustration law. You don't want a hole in the fence? Oh, holes EVERYWHERE. Want a hole? No holes to be found.) it finally climbed up the fence (all this while having never played dead ... hmm.) and pretended to be stuck in the barbed wire. The guys pried the barbed wire up and pushed him out to the other side of the fence.

Then he tried to climb BACK IN. Some names were suggested for our self-proclaimed pet.... including, "Stupidest Possum Ever" and "Complete Idiot" along with the more complimentary, "Paul the Possum." We finally left, with him perched atop one of the corner posts of the fence.

I received much derision for my sympathy for the pathetic creature...... I think animals are cute, and I can't stand to see them hurt. But anyway. Guess I'll go to bed now, and enjoy the sleep that I'm actually going to get since I know the brainless pest is safe.

~Lizzie

4 random thoughts:

Anonymous said...

lol
Personally I despise adult possums, although their babies are cute. They climb up onto our outside window sills and eat the cat food we keep there. It's a very pleasant emotion to walk into a dark room, flip on the light, and see one of the horrid creatures grinning through the window.

Those are some gorgeous sun rays! They'd make very nice computer backgrounds...

Lizzie said...

Eeek. That sounds lovely.

Haha! I actually have one of them as my computer background right now! You can use them too if you want... I don't mind. :D

Anonymous said...

Funny...wish I had come to be part of that fun little escapade. Oh, well. I've had my own fair share of possum adventures around here.

N said...

Ha-ha...silly possum! They love to eat green apple peels. We used to stick the bowl of peelings for the compost right outside our door if we didn't want to take it out to the compost bin right away...if there were apple peels in there, they would be on the patio in little chewed up balls in the morning. Possum chewing gum! :D