BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 16, 2008

Before You Meet Prince Charming

**Warning to guys: discussing a book meant for girls. Read at your own risk**

I decided to read this book ("Before You Meet Prince Charming") because of a blog that I found while blog hopping (certainly not because of its somewhat cheesy title) and was convicted by Miss Mally's view on emotional purity. I have had my share of crushes on the male population, and I didn't really see anything wrong with it. I never thought that emotional purity was part of keeping myself completely pure for my future husband. With shame and regret, I realized that I have already given little pieces of my heart to the guys that had caught my attention over the years. Thankfully, I know that God has restored those pieces of my heart to me, and I'm determined to guard my heart for the man that God has for me.

Miss Mally had some very good points in her book, and I don't want to go over all of them (girls, I really recommend that you read this book!) but I really have to share my very favorite idea, and the thought that really stuck out from the whole book to me:
Instead of trying to see how much you can get away with (Can I have a crush on this guy? Just one date?) why not try seeing how much you can SAVE? Can I save every single little piece of my heart? Can I wait until God brings along "the one" before I allow ANY romantic feelings? Can I see ALL guys as brothers in Christ and nothing more? I challenge you, my sisters, to jealously guard every single precious thought and feeling for the one God has for you. I charge you to think of yourself as already belonging to him. I hope that the white dress that you may wear one day will represent your heart, mind, body and spirit in godly purity.

And that was really serious. Eeek, I really must be getting old. Help!! Kara, this is all your fault....

~Lizzie

5 random thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Fluffy pink Scottish furballs!

I typed up a long reply to this and the whole thing went poof once I clicked publish since our internet dc'ed. I'll just let it to suffice that I disagree with you.

Lizzie said...

Ha, that's an interesting exclamation. I shall have to remember to use it occasionally.

Well, that certainly won't do... I require an explanation of your disagreement. What, exactly, do you disagree with? The entire post? And since you disagree you must also share your view. I wait in anticipation.

:)

Anonymous said...

"I wait in anticipation."

You shouldn't, I'm a professional at working people into a frenzy and then slipping out of the back door at the last moment... I don't want to take another 45 minutes to type that whole thing up again... Just remind me next time i see you

Lizzie said...

Oh, yeah, sure... without the summer club, I might not see you until basketball starts back. Grrr. Very well. I will exercise my less-than-extraordinary patience. I probably won't remember to ask you about it next time I see you though. And a basketball gym would naturally be a completely perfect place to talk about something like this. */sarcasm*

Allie said...

Kor! I wanna hear why you disagree, too!! Not fair. *sulks*

I totally agree with this. I don't think I need to elaborate on that. :)