BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Staying up late.... er, early....

We just finished watching "North and South" a movie based on a novel by Elizabeth Gaskell. It's something like a Jane Austen..... and I absolutely loved it. It's the first movie that's even gotten close to displacing Pride and Prejudice as my favorite romantic movie. I wish we owned the DVD so I could loan it to all my friends. Instead I have to emphatically say that you HAVE to see it! I would say something about the plot-line and what I didn't like (since that would be a shorter list than what I liked) but I don't want to ruin it for anyone. You just have to see it.

Anyway, just a quick post while I wait for Sarah to brush her teeth so we can turn out the lights. *drums fingers on desk*

~Lizzie

4 random thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Have you seen Wives and Daughters? It's based on an Gaskell book and I like it better than N&S.

Lizzie said...

I have seen Wives and Daughters. I didn't like it as well... I'm not sure why. Maybe a combination of all the annoying people (like Hyacinth and Cynthia) and the fact that Roger was interested in Cynthia instead of Molly for almost the whole movie.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Roger's blindness is maddening! But it makes me love Molly all the more because of all she has to bear. And Cynthia's shallowness is annoying, especially since she doesn't change. But despite those things, there are many memorable characters and good under-lying themes, I love it! :)
I can feel more kinship with Molly than with Margaret.
And I really like it's setting much better than North & South's, too. The dirt and cotton of Milton gets old quickly. But they are both on my favorites list :)

Jessica said...

Well, if it's almost as good as P&P, I guess I've GOT to see it!