BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 11, 2008

Oops!

So I took Daddy to pick up his car, and after I dropped him off, I went to Wal-Mart to get some elastic for a shirt Mom's making. On the way to the back of the store I took a few detours... through the pillow isle, curtain isle, and plastic-storage-containers isle. By then I'd gone to the back of the store... but the wrong side of the back, and on my way to the elastic I slowed to look at some movies.

Then when I got to the sewing section, I got distracted by all the fabrics and looking at ideas for future projects. I did finally manage to get the elastic, but it's next to the patterns... and I caved and got this really cute skirt pattern that I'm going to make as soon as I finish the blouse I'm working on. And then I saw the sale rack of fabrics and got even more distracted. There was a lovely orange bolt of flannel on sale, and I wanted to get the whole thing, but I didn't.... and now I wish I had at least gotten a couple yards. That was right next to the ribbon and my departure was further delayed.

I finally made it back to the front of the store to check out.... and I almost went to look at clothes when I realized that I had been gone an hour! And I left bread rising in the oven! I tried to call home but my phone was dead. Hoping that my family wasn't worried or steaming mad that I'd been so careless, I hurried and checked out and came home as fast as the speed limit would allow. When I got home, my parents were fine (I guess they know how easily I get distracted...) and my wonderful little sister had taken care of the bread for me.

Whew. I'm very grateful.... but I've really got to be more focused. And I do wish I'd gotten that flannel.

~Lizzie

7 random thoughts:

N said...

Hee-hee! :)

What skirt pattern? And what kind of blouse are you making now?

I hate that feeling that you should have bought something...and it's always something that probably won't be there when you go back! :( Oh well, I always remind myself I saved money by not getting whatever it was.

I have that problem when I'm shopping by myself too, of wanting to look at a bunch of stuff! Because you don't have anyone hovering behind you waiting to go, you feel like now's your chance to look for a bunch of stuff! :p

Lizzie said...

The skirt pattern is McCall's M5295. I'm not sure exactly how to describe it, but you can look it up on www.mccallpattern.com. And the shirt pattern is McCall's M5451. I'm making the short sleeved one.

*sigh* That's true.. I did save money... but it was only a dollar a yard! I saved $2...

Exactly! No one else in my family really likes to watch me look at curtains and pillows and storage containers.... not even my sister. Although she probably would if she knew that I'm getting ideas for redecorating our room. :P Our tastes differ greatly. Unfortunately.

Lizzie said...

Oh, for the skirt I forgot to mention that I'm making the one with the bow and the double layers. :D

N said...

CUTE!!! I like both of those patterns...I think I'll have to get that shirt pattern. I've wanted a sort of peasant blouse pattern, but they're usually too low.

Although she probably would if she knew that I'm getting ideas for redecorating our room. :P

Ha-ha! :D I am glad I don't have to try to agree on decor with a sister! :)

Although really, it takes me a long time to figure out how I want to decorate something and it has to be just right, but then I realize that I don't even notice it that much after I've got it done! Strange...maybe if it was something I didn't like, I'd be fretting about it. I don't know.

Lizzie said...

"but they're usually too low."

That's exactly why I got it! I've always wanted a peasant blouse too, but all the ones I've tried on at stores were too low. This one takes elastic around the neck, and you can pull it as tight as you want. Mom already finished hers and it looks really nice, and it's modest. (She left out the elastic around the waist.)

Well, from someone who also doesn't really notice, but remembers what it's like to not be able to change it... yes, it DEFINITELY would bug you if it was something you didn't like. For the first 3 years that we lived in this house, Sarah's and my room looked the way the previous family left it... decorated for a 5-year-old. Bright yellow walls, pink and green borders with hearts and stars and polka dots.... it drove me crazy. I still walk into my room and breathe a sigh of relief. And we redecorated 3 years ago.

Jessica said...

Everybody...for the sake of your sanity, Lizzie got the flannel Tuesday night when we went back to get...*gasp* more fabric.

N said...

LOL! More fabric? Cool!!! :D