BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Random

I ordered a Creative Zen MP3 player. I recently decided that I wanted an iPod, but I talked to my dad about it and he said that he didn't think it was wise for me to spend $200 on an already outdated iPod (I was looking at the nano). So I looked for some cheaper options. The Zen that I decided on is $80 ($120 cheaper!) with 2GB, an extra media slot (for more space, if desired) and FM radio among other things. I actually like its features better than the iPod features, and I came out of the deal $100 richer (I got a case that was $20).

I'm excited about the upcoming arrival of my Zen for another reason. My mom recently found this site which offers FREE audio books! You can download them and listen on your MP3 player. I've already got a list that I want to listen to.

The meet Tuesday went pretty well. The team was really small, and we basically crushed them, so it was sad (to me). Plus not as much fun. It's more exciting when it's closer. We won 300-something to 100-something. I got some nice pictures though (I'm sure you're all tired of pictures [OBVIOUSLY, since I haven't gotten much of anything in the way of comments.... *sulks* Just kidding :D] but you'll just have to deal with it.)


Nat, my friend's absolutely adorable little sister.

Sarah, taking a pic of me taking a pic of her. :P

Jess and Kara

From closest to furthest: my little bro, David, then Will and Chandler.

Our 15-18 free relays. We had no competition, so our girls team swam the boys team. (Courtesy of Vic.)

We're actually a little ahead! (We still lost. Why do boys always win? Don't answer that.) Also courtesy of Vic.

Kara and I (and Kara's pizza! Haha.) Courtesy of Jessica.

Kara, me and Jess. Courtesy of my sister, Sarah.

Will's totally awesome tatoo. His brother did it with a Sharpie... I wanted one, but there wasn't time. We plan on forcing them on the whole team for the TSA Championships this Sunday.

On a more serious note, I have a big decision in the near future. The fall registration for piano is coming up and I'm considering quitting. This would be a big change for me, since I've been taking lessons ever since I was 8. I will, of course, keep it up. I will always love to play, but I'm quite certain that I won't be going to college and majoring in music, and I'm taking from a teacher that specialized in preparing students for college, and as such, she is rightfully somewhat expensive. I am content with the level of expertise that I have achieved, and I don't think it's necessary for me to go any higher since I'm not going to college. So all the signs seem to be pointing towards quitting lessons. Anyway, if you feel like giving me your advice, I will listen (read....) and I would greatly appreciate prayer for wisdom and guidance.

~Lizzie

2 random thoughts:

Chris said...

www.christianaudio.com has a free book each month... better quality than librivox- i look forward to using librivox, i haven't downloaded anything yet, but it's volunteers and multiple voices/book.

http://www.freechristianaudiobooks.com/ has some (no idea about the quality i've only saved the site not used it)

http://www.freeclassicaudiobooks.com/ same story

Lizzie said...

Oh, awesome, thanks!! I had no idea there were so many free sites!