BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 18, 2008

*sniffle*

I just went outside.... and it felt just like numerous other days that we've spent at our summer pool..... earlier today was soooo hot, we all would have been alternating between lounging in the pool and breaking the limit of 3 people in the concession stand. We would have had hotdogs for lunch.... and when it started to rain we'd all hang out in the clubhouse eating drumsticks (the ice cream variety) around the ping-pong table.

Now is when we'd be going back in the pool, diving off the boards and playing Five-A-Live and water basketball. We'd finally get out of the pool at 8:20; 20 minutes after closing, and gather our stuff to go home, refreshed, water-logged and ready to come back tomorrow.

It's not really all the water that I'm missing (although it has been terribly hot) but the fellowship and all the time spent hanging out. We got so much closer as friends and as a team during the summer, it's just not the same now. We see each other 4 times a week, but we show up, swim and leave. I'm really looking forward to our fun meet (we split into 2 teams and have a meet with the parents team) I hope it'll be like a little taste of what summer means to me.

~Lizzie

2 random thoughts:

Jessica said...

Waaaaaaaaah!!!!!!! Man, I...*sniffle*...excuse me a moment. *blows nose loudly* Ahem. I know...I was just saying yesterday how it just wasn't the same that we just "show up, swim and leave." Yes, I am going along with your theory about the pattern...Brentwood WILL be open next year!

Anonymous said...

:(

I've been missing those days after basketball as well... Me and Sam would play basketball and swim, and play pingpong and swim, then talk to you ladies, then swim... Ahhh, I gesture heatedly with my fist at Mat, you better convince coach to open the pool next year... course I won't be there probably...