BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, March 7, 2008

I feel clumsy.

Wednesday I sprained my thumb throwing my 50 lb swim bag into the back of our Suburban (how lame is that? [pun unintended, but funny anyway :P ]) I managed to swim and play water polo, but when I got home it started hurting worse (swimming probably wasn't an awesome idea) and I had to do my math and Chemistry homework with my left hand. I'm not exactly ambidextrous, but I was desperate to get caught up in schoolwork. And now I haven't practiced piano for 2 days. Ick.

My thumb got a lot better after swimming Thursday. It kinda hurt for the first 2 laps of butterfly but then it completely stopped hurting! So that was cool. But then......

At theatre Thursday night, we were learning this really cool (and really scary!) dance move where the guy bends his knees, the girl does a cartwheel on his knees and he holds her waist to keep her from falling and help with the cartwheel. It's very fun, but I still can't believe it works. It seems to defy some laws of science. I was wearing socks, and the floor was somewhat slippery (bad idea) and I landed wrong once and sprained my ankle. It didn't feel too bad at first, but it got worse and worse at home.

When I got up this morning I couldn't even walk on it without pretty bad pain. Daddy was wonderful and went and got me a cane in time for me to go to Chemistry.

So now I'm just hoping that my ankle will heal in time for me to swim Tuesday. I wish this could have happened to me when I was about 7.... I really wanted to hurt my ankle then. I thought it would be cool. Now it's just inconvenient and definitely not cool. =D

~Lizzie

10 random thoughts:

Anonymous said...

I certainly hope you get all healed up soon. The worst injury I've had was while I was riding on our horse behind my sister. Someone had just handed me a cup of water when the horse spooked and my sister couldn't stop him. I was holding on with one hand and holding the water in the other; now if I'd dropped the water and held on with both hands I would've been fine, but of course I was thilly and didn't drop the water and ended up falling off and busting my chin on a really big tree root.
If I have to get injured, I've always wished that it'd happen while I was doing something really noble that I could be proud of instead of just being stupid :p

Lizzie said...

Thank you. :)
Ouch, that sounds painful!
I agree! It would be so nice if you could at least think that your injury was worth something. Like if you saved a little kid from getting hurt or something. Instead I'm thinking, "If only I'd taken my socks off." :P

Jessica said...

Well, I DID sprain my ankle when I was seven (actually 6), twice. I have continued to sprain it since. At least you didn't do it while standing still (which now happens to me). I mean, the first time I was in gymnastics, the second time I was in ballet, and that happened a lot till I did it while going down the porch steps, and then twice when I've been running in the neighborhood.

I feel your pain...uh...literally. When I broke up that dog fight between my dog and the neighbor's dog, Nancy(my dog) bit my hand, leaving a puncture wound below my index and middle fingers. That whole area swelled up and I was in immense pain for a week. The worst part was that I couldn't play guitar at all, because it was my left hand. I could still play piano and type, though...

I don't know if anyone's ever not been injured...

Lizzie said...

Wow!! That sounds like me. I sprained my ankle in gymnastics and ballet and ever since then I've sprained my ankles very regularly. But never this bad....

*wince* Owwwww. That sounds really painful.

Yeah, I know. Probably everyone has been injured. It'll be interesting to see if anyone votes "no"... :D

Anonymous said...

I haven't ever been injured....cept for that time i broke my collar bone...or had all the skin tore off my hand...or had a burning building fall on me...or lost my hotdog at the fair...(is that irrelavent?) OOH I KNOW, the guy in unbreakable, or whatever the name of that movie is.

Anna Taylor said...

I hurt my ankle/foot a week ago after slamming it in to my violin case! It is still very painful! Hope your ankle feel batter really soon!

Lizzie said...

Enil: My sister seems to understand your comment... possibly because she really likes Shyamalan films. I'm just confused.... :P

Anna Beth: Ow! I hope you feel better soon, too!

Allie said...

Have I ever been injured?? Way too many times. I fractured my wrist when I was 9, 2 weeks after my granddad died. I was going too fast on my cousins bike, and ended up getting my wrist caught in the spokes. Not fun. Now it's really prone to being pulled again, and I have to be really careful with it.

I sprain my ankle all the time. I twisted it really bad stepping off a pair of heals when I was 11 or so (they weren't really high, but I was being a clutz), and now I have to be careful with it or I'll sprain it easily.

Anonymous said...

AHA! i have a good one :D When i was 9 or so, i got a brand spankin new Swiss Army Knife (the one with blades on both sides) (bad idea) anywho, i decided that all the blades should be open at one time so that i could see the full potential of this beautiful specimen. Then, when i started to close one side, my hand slipped and slid all the way down the other blade slicing my hand from the end of my thumb all the way to the wrist (no, i'm not suicidal)...needless to say it took a lot of band-aids (and this is too long)

Lizzie said...

Allie: Ouch! That sounds really scary and painful. And I hate heels.

Enil: Yikes!!! That sounds really scary and painful too! I have to ask... do you have a scar?