BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Moment of Truth

I stumbled upon a show of that title yesterday evening. Fortunately I didn't see the whole thing, but from what I gathered of the few disturbing and horrible minutes that I did view, apparently this show is paying people to get up on stage in front of the world, with their friends and family there, and answer questions that shouldn't be asked, and definitely not answered; at least not in public or on TV!

The question I saw them ask this man was, "Is your wife the most attractive woman you've ever dated?" He beat around the bush, and finally (trying to soften the blow, I guess) said, "She's attractive and beautiful and I love her, but no." I have 2 points and a wishful comment.

1) Attractiveness is an opinion, so they shouldn't have had the robotic voice announce that that answer was true. (It seems that they think they are capable of determining the truthfulness of answers.)

2) That question should never ever be asked, especially in front of the wife and ESPECIALLY if the answer is "no"! I'm not sure why, but women desperately need to feel attractive. Not super-model-gorgeous, but at least attractive. And I imagine that it would be somewhat important to a woman that her man think that she is the most attractive woman he's ever seen. Obviously I wouldn't know for sure though. And once again, she doesn't have to be the PRETTIEST or most beautiful, but most attractive. There's a difference that I'm probably incapable of intelligently explaining since I should be asleep right now.

Wishful comment: The absolute perfect answer to that question (that the woman would love to hear) is this: "She is the most attractive woman on earth, I love her with all of my heart, and she's the only woman I've ever dated/courted."

So, for those of you who are curious, the wife was indeed present, and she looked close to tears at his answer of "no." And just for the record, she was extremely beautiful. Aaaand, I don't recommend that any of you view that show because the next question made me scramble to turn the TV off.

~Lizzie

4 random thoughts:

Anonymous said...

That's awful!! Attractiveness is even more important when talking about how spiritually attractive she is...there's some verse in one of the Peters about that...I'll look it up and get back to you on that.

Unless someone else does it for me.

Anonymous said...

1 Peter 3:3-6?
Why would anyone be stupid enough to go on that show? Surely no amount of money could appease the shame that you'd bring on yourself and the hurt you'd cause others!

Anonymous said...

Quite right, Abigail, thank you!

Yeah, who would want to be on that show or sign anyone they loved up to be on that show?

Lizzie said...

I don't know. I certainly don't think the $10,000 would be worth it.