BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 14, 2009

First Attempt at Flower Arranging

Mom brought me some flowers home from Costco today, because she knows I've been dying to try my hand at arranging flowers, and unfortunately, there's nothing of the flower variety to be found outside around our house yet.

I've never really tried to arrange flowers before because I had no idea how to go about it. All the arrangements I tried as a child (with dandelions and buttercups) never turned out like I wanted. All in all, I'm pretty pleased with my first official attempt.


I wish the greenery didn't stick out quite so much, but that's the way it grew, and there was nothing I could do about it.


I waited until it was getting dark out to take the pictures, and the "Available Light" setting my camera kinda makes it look black and white...


But it's kind of blurry without flash. And the flash looked bad.


I love roses!

I really enjoyed arranging these flowers, so I'm going to try to do it more often, and maybe get some more ideas (I got some ideas from Trina's blog), definitely collect some more vases (from Goodwill and yard sales) and hopefully start my own flower garden this year.

~Lizzie

9 random thoughts:

Meredith Ivy said...

That turned out beautifully!

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I wish I could do that.

Lizzie said...

Thanks, both of you!

I'm sure you could, Rebecca! :)

Jonathan David Page said...

Very nice. Very nice indeed. I tried flower arranging with origami flowers, but they always get knocked apart... I can't believe I admitted that...

N said...

Oh, I love the flowers from Costco...they have some really nice ones there.

I think your arrangement turned out pretty nice! :)

Hey, origami flowers sound pretty cool, Jos! :D

Anonymous said...

pretty awesome...

jos you just lost your man status.

Jonathan David Page said...

Yeah, I know. I won't even try the line about social acceptability in Japan, I already know it won't work. :D

Anonymous said...

ooooh it looks really good!

Lizzie said...

Thanks everyone. :)

I think origami flower arranging sounds neat, too, Jos... :D