BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Superbowl XLIII

I'm not a huge football fan (this was the first game I watched this year), but I do enjoy the superbowl. It's always nice to have a good excuse to eat tons of junk food, drink soft drinks, go crazy and shriek like a maniac. And I always enjoy watching commercials that are apparently worth millions of dollars. This year, the minimum was 3 million for 30 seconds.

However, this year I was actually cheering for a team. Just a combination of liking Kurt Warner, and somehow acquiring a dislike for the Steelers (despite never watching games... need to reconsider that one). I'm not going to describe my feelings during the game because I don't know any of the terms (I know touchdown! hehe... he. Heh. Never mind) so I'll just say, if you don't know, the Cardinals lost, and I am sad.

The commercials were also sadly disappointing. For at least a third of them we had to take regular breaks to check the weather (oooh, the temperature is steadily dropping AFTER NIGHTFALL and the doppler is totally clear. Amazing) and the acceptable ones were generally boring.




The career builder one was my favorite. I was seriously laughing. Sadly though, it doesn't seem that funny now.

This is Jessica and David waving cell phones during the halftime show... like all the people in the stadium were.

It was a lot of fun. Even if the Cardinals did lose. I guess I really don't have a right to care since I didn't follow the games all season.

Happy February!

~Lizzie

2 random thoughts:

N said...

Haha, well, the koala in the commercial was funny!

Jessica said...

I loved that commercial, even though we couldn't hear it, considering we were laughing the whole time. It was funnier the first time, though, as most things are.

Note that I am waving my cell phone AND eating a doughnut at the same time. Major skills.