BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 9, 2009

It has been requested...

and now will be fulfilled... however unsatisfactorily. A new blog post...

Last week, I did school. This week, I'm doing school.

The end.

Just kidding.

Unfortunately, my life has been somewhat uneventful, and there isn't much bloggy fuel. We've had so many basketball games that they all run together in my head, and I can't say more than that Middleschool lost today, and JV and Varsity won. I don't remember how the games Saturday went. That's how bad my memory is. Swimming has been normal. My water polo team won both our games Wednesday. School is school, and I hardly have time to get it done. Voice is getting harder, I have a song that's pretty high for me, and I can't get up high enough on command, so I'm working on that. Dance is fun. Theatre is cool. We don't have the play cast yet.

I've been feeling kind of subdued recently, which could be why I haven't come up with anything to write about (yeah, my life is usually uneventful, just the same things over and over. Which is nice, sometimes). I have my posts where I'm in the "depths of despair" and all I do is whine. And then I have posts where I'm feeling happy and somewhat hyper and I just talk.

Subdued is a new feeling for me. I'm not depressed, sad or angry, but I'm not exactly happy either. I'm just listless.

I made bicuits to go with soup for supper yesterday, and they turned out better than I've ever had biscuits do (biscuits are so awful for me. Sarah's usually turn out lovely, and I just have no natural cooking skill) and I was pleased that they turned well, so I tried them again tonight. And they weren't as good at all. But they have progressed well enough that my brothers still complained that I didn't make enough. That's always comforting.

I've also gotten it into my head that I would like to make a quilt. I have never made a quilt before in my life, but all of a sudden I just want to try one. But I've decided to put it off until I get a collection of material from other, smaller projects. I hardly have time for homey projects though, with all the time we spend running all over the place.

And it's also starting to get to me that I'm going to be 18 in early June. Every since I was 10 or so, I looked forward to 18 as the age where I would probably have everything together, have become the person I wanted to be and be at the beginning of the next stage of my life. But here I am, with only 3 and a half months to go, and nothing is together, I'm nowhere near the person I want to be, and I don't see my life changing any time soon. I'm very much afraid that 18 is going to be just as disappointing as every new age always was. I always hoped that "13 will FEEL different! There's just something about 13..." Now I know that mental change happens slowly, and doesn't have that much to do with age.

I think I've exhausted everything I could think to write about. I'm sorry, Abigail, this was pretty dreary, and probably not what you had in mind... :)

~Lizzie

3 random thoughts:

Jonathan David Page said...

Yay! A post! :D

My mom is a quilter. You did say random thoughts that popped into my head.

Annual question: "So, how does if feel to be n?" "About the same as it felt to be n-1."

Jessica said...

Tell me about it. I am feeling COMPLETELY subdued. And apathetic. And ambivalent. And something akin to that feeling you get when you drink a bunch of Mountain Dew, stay up till three or four in the morning, and wish that something amazing would pop into your brain but it never does, and you go to bed, feeling absolutely awful the next day. Yes, I understand exactly how you feel.

I am also sorry that you fear turning 18 and feeling just as I did when I turned 18. Granted, I didn't have to think about how it was just another day in my life until the day after my birthday, since on my birthday you guys were coming to the pool. :D However, the next day I heaved a big sigh and figured that the pinnacle of my life was no closer than it was a year before.

Now that is just depressing. Ugh. We can be depressed together. :( And then do something about it!!!

Abigail said...

Well, I'd rather know that you're feeling subdued than not know how your feeling at all! :)