BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Poll Comments.

I share Jess's opinion on not getting to know what people voted on polls. So if you voted on our poll and you're feeling particularly generous, please share what you voted.

Some somewhat related news..... the white team won today! (Woo!!)

Sorry, I'd post more, but I'm sure you don't want to hear how stressed I am about the sea of piano competitions surrounding me, or how much school work I should be doing right now and those 2 things are taking up a lot of my time.

Hurriedly (lol),

~Lizzie

14 random thoughts:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel! I've a competion this weekend. About this time every year I always start asking myself, exactly why did I agree to do all this stuff? :p
I've taken piano for 9 yrs.

Lizzie said...

Exactly! *cyber-hug* :P Are you going to NCMTA this weekend?
I've taken piano for about 9 years too.
What piece(s) are you playing this weekend?

Jessica said...

Ha ha! I voted:

-Yellow Balls
-Flat Balls (moderately flat, anyway, as they're easier to skip)
-Mikasas
-Game balls

So there you have it!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, the beloved NCMTA it is. And I would have to play at 9 in the morning! I'm playing a Mazurka in A minor by Chopin, Ground by Purcell, and Valse by Poulenc. I'm also doing YAA, I'm competing in Queens. For that one I'm playing a Beethoven sonata :s
How about you? What are you playing?

Lizzie said...

Jess: Yay!! SOMEONE felt generous. :P

Abigail: Aw, I pity you having to play at 9. Yuck. I got really lucky this year, I'm at 3. Oo, I love the Mazurka in A minor! I'm playing Sinfonia 4 by Bach, Scarf-dance by Chaminade and Danza No. 3 by Ginastera.
I'm doing YAA as well, but I'm in Senior II and I'm playing Shadow Dance by MacDowell and a Nocturne by Grieg. Which Sonata are you playing?

Anonymous said...

Wow, I've heard that that scarf-dance is really hard, but I've never played it. Beethoven is #25Opus 79. It's really fun to play.

Jessica said...

All you piano people mesmerize me! It's really not fair.

Lizzie said...

Actually, I wouldn't say that Scarf is all that hard... it's a moderate tempo, which is always easier than fast for me. It does have a lot of accidentals, which is hard to memorize. I have the most trouble with the Bach and Danza, Bach has a million and one notes, and Danza is 8 pages long, extremely loud, ferocious and ugly.

Jess....... I'm going to have to start shouting "9 years of WORK!" every time you say it's not fair. :P

Jessica said...

13 YEARS OF SITTING AT THE PIANO AND AIMLESSLY PICKING OUT SONGS FROM MEMORY AND WISHING I COULD TAKE LESSONS!!!

Jessica said...

*takes ten deep breaths*

That is, I am just jealous. I've never had a music lesson in my life, and I wish that I could take one, except no one around here has ever been able to afford them, and now I have no time.

Music 110 is as close as I've gotten. It's good enough right now.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you Lizzie!
I thought I played good this morning but my judge gave me an Excellent... my teacher doesn't agree with a word she said! And he said she gave silly grades all day. So that makes me happy, and at least I won't have to play those pieces ever again!!

Lizzie said...

Jess: I'm sorry... that must be really frustrating for you.

Abigail: Thanks! Oh, wow, it sounds like you got the judge I had 2 years ago. She gave me a Very Good. And I actually got a Very Good again this year, but that was definitely deserved. I had a lot of memory trouble.
So anyway, congratulations!
Only one more competition to go... :P

Anonymous said...

I saw on your profil that you are doing some theatre stuff, are you taking voice lessons? I started voice lessons about 6 months ago, and am really loving them! I love to sing.

Lizzie said...

I wish I had time for voice lessons. We've done some voice work in theatre but I don't think it really counts. :P