BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Brace Yourself

When you see the rushing wind, feel the pouring rain
Hear the thunder now, as the clouds roll in
And you’re blinded by the lightening
Do you also hear that still, small voice saying
It’s okay, you’re not alone
You may be scared to death but I won’t let you go
You may think the sky above is falling
But can you hear Jesus calling?
"Jesus Calling" ~ 33Miles

Thus begins four years of Barack Hussein Obama as the president of the United States. Be prepared for much worse than you were expecting. Trust me, it’s best to imagine the worst. Then you might be pleasantly surprised. Hoping that it won’t be as bad as you thought only sets you up for disappointment. That’s what I get for hoping that McCain would make it. Now I’m fully expecting everything I didn’t want and more: the banning of homeschooling, the beginning of communism, the return of terror attacks, schools becoming training camps for “Hitler” youth, the persecution of Christians, infanticide, the end of the world and the return of our Lord. Actually, the return of Jesus doesn’t fit on that list, because that would be a good thing that I will hope for my whole life. I did want to get married and have a dozen kids first though.

Something gives me the feeling that Obama might not be just ‘an’ anti-Christ, but maybe THE anti-Christ. Yes, I know many people have been suspected of being the anti-Christ for approximately 2000 years. And no, I haven’t really researched it, mostly because I’m freaked out about Obama enough as it is and I have plenty more pleasant ways to spend my time than reconciling his description to the description in the Bible. Not to mention that it’s enough for me that he’s been called “the Messiah” (which he does not deny), that he’s proclaimed himself to be our Savior and that so many people like him despite his creepiness. If Obama gets mortally wounded, I won’t be the least surprised when he rises from the dead…. on the third day. Just horrified and disgusted.

Don’t panic, life on earth has always been pain and frustration cushioned by little pleasantries and sweet moments. It’s just that I only recently realized it. And believe it or not, I'm actually a happy person sometimes... mostly when I don't have time to think about deep things.

Does 'easy' rhyme with 'greasy'?

~Lizzie

5 random thoughts:

Jessica said...

No, because "easy" is E-zee and "greasy" is greess-ee. If you're going for a loose rhyme, you could use it, though...they are similar enough.

I'm hoping and praying it won't be that bad. I mean, people thought Ronald Regan was the anti-Christ. He did some bad stuff and some good stuff. The thing with Obama, my dad says, is that we don't know WHAT he is going to do. He's been campaigning for well over a year now, but has been very vague in everything. But the fact is, though Obama may be worse, McCain really wouldn't have been too much better. The Government is going to turn against the American people someday anyways, because most all politicians are lying, power-hungry scoundrels. It makes me a little nervous to think if our nation really would get better even with someone like Ron Paul in the white house. He may want to change all this, but then get in office and realize how nice everything works in his favor, and compromise himself. I just vote we go get on Enil's ship and sail to somewhere way, way far away....

Jessica said...

And I want to fall in love, get married, and have kids before Christ comes back, too. There may be everything else in heaven, but you can't get married and you can't have kids. I'm wondering.....what's up with that? I think I need to do a little reckoning with God.

Christopher said...

It'll be so much better than getting married and having kids. It's just hard to imagine it.

Right after Sheila and I were married, we took my nieces and nephews to Bush Gardens. On the way we stopped at a McDonalds with a playground. When it was time to go, Bryan wanted to stay. "I don't want to go to Bush Gardens. I want to play some more here".

Imagine walking around at a heavenly Bush Gardens (100 times the rides, instant ride access, perfect temperature, all your friends are with you) and you walk by a McDonalds tubular slide.

Not the best analogy. I know. But, eh...I gave it a shot.

Jessica said...

Actually, Mr. H, I thought that was an excellent analogy. I'm guessing your nephew had never been to Bush Gardens and couldn't comprehend how it could be better than McDonald's...

Jonathan David Page said...

Hey, look on the bright side... after four years of the Democrats being stuck between a rock and a hard place [considering the current situation], and constantly messing up because of it, everyone will vote red next time around...