BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, November 1, 2008

I am SO special....

We went to the Hawks baseball games today, and I managed to get sunburned. Yes, in November. And I don't mean a light sunburn either. I mean lobster red. Oh, and the bonus?? It's only on the left side of my face, and my left arm, because the sun was to my left. Uh-huh. Let's hear it for the red-heads with pathetically pale skin. *everyone groans*

And sadly, it was the championship weekend, and the Hawks lost their second game and were eliminated. So that's the end of our fall baseball season.

Now begins basketball! I'm excited, since I enjoyed Hawks basketball last year, but this year my own little brothers are on the middle school team! Of course, according to Kara, that just makes the games more stressful. But I'm still looking forward to it.

What I'm not looking forward to is the conflicts with theatre rehearsals. We're going to have at least 4 middle school games on Tuesdays.. the same days as theatre rehearsals. And we're missing several awesome JV/Varsity games because of theatre. I'm already wishing I didn't do theatre this year. It's always a gamble. I mean, I couldn't possibly have known we were going to get stuck with "Oklahoma!" one of my least favorite plays ever. *sigh* But we also might have gotten a good play. It's just frustrating.

Hopefully I'll manage to enjoy "Oklahoma!" but I haven't managed it so far. I am really enjoying voice lessons though! They are absolutely awesome! I've always wanted to do voice, and I finally got to do it this year. It's been fantastic!

And now I'm off to nurse my sunburn.

~Lizzie

3 random thoughts:

Jessica said...

But Oklahoma is fun!!!

*groans because she is kind of a red-head and is VERY pale skinned*

*groans again because the Hawks lost* Aw man!! Now I'll never ever see a baseball game...

Lizzie said...

No... it's not... it's cheesy and gag-worthy.

That's not true... we'll have another baseball season in the spring....

Jessica said...

Oh, that's right. Of course I had to forget that.