BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Long course.

Ha, most of you (I'm pretending we have readers... ;P) are probably thinking "course" = schoolwork. Nope. Pay attention, there'll be a quiz at the end.

So, today I arrived on the pool deck ready to swim (5 minutes early, as usual!! :D ) and, to my intense disappointment, the big pool was set up as long course (Olympic length lanes) instead of the usual 25 yard lanes; which I assumed meant that our team would be stuck in the "little" pool (which has about 10 lanes 25 yds. long).

Imagine my delight when I discovered that we actually got to swim the long course! I squealed like a typical girl and then proceeded to bounce around like the bubbles in the Pepsi commercials. Even my friends warning me to "save" my "energy" for practice couldn't stop my excitement. I was delirious with ecstasy. (Okay, maybe that's not quite true, but I've always wanted to use that phrase....)

It was a little daunting to have to swim so far before arriving at a wall, but it was so much fun! And long distance swims were easier to count. Plus, to top all that off, this may be a regular occurrence for our Tuesday and Thursday practices!

Okay, I promised a quiz, so here it is.

1. What is long course?
2. How did long course help with long distance?
3. What was my favorite set from today's practice? (just kidding!)

~Lizzie

0 random thoughts: