BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

New Music!

So I felt industrious (read: I felt like procrastinating) and instead of practicing all my pieces, I cleaned off my unsightly music rack. And I found this huge book of music that I don't think I've ever played before! It looked kinda old, so I thought, "Maybe Mom got me this at a yard sale and put it here for me and I've just now found it! Perfect timing!" (The cleaning of the music rack was finished then, and I still felt like procrastinating.) I was looking through the index and it has all these great songs that I've always wished I could play - popular songs that almost everyone knows. 274 songs! I opened the book to the page number of one of my favorites and...... it's a tiny little "baby" book, as my teacher calls really easy music. It doesn't even have a bass clef! The note heads are humongous and they actually have the note name (i.e. A, B, C, etc.) written ON the note heads! (Yeah, that's how big the note heads are.) I've never been more disappointed (okay, yes I have...).... *sniff* No wonder I've never played it. It's been almost 9 years since I played music that easy.

As soon as I saw all the paper that it took just to print those gaudy, gigantic, sickening notes I knew that it was printed before my time. No one would get away with wasting that much paper nowadays. I think I'm going to recycle that book. :P

I should have known 274 great songs in one big book was too good to be true.

Depressed just because of a book,

~Lizzie

5 random thoughts:

Allie said...

Couldn't you simply add chords to that melody and create a full piece? Obviously, it wouldn't be hard, but it would be better than recycling the book.

Lizzie said...

Don't be so sensible! :P Honestly, I can't be seen with this book. It's WAY to easy.... my pride couldn't take it. lol. Anyway, I was thinking that recycling it would be better than just chunking it in the trash. Obviously I didn't fully communicate my complete disgust. This book is SO easy, I wouldn't even let a beginner student play it. They *start* with harder music than this.

Allie said...

Ah, so it's THAT easy. Never mind...yeah, recycle it. How did y'all get it, anyway?

Anonymous said...

OOOO but the names on the notes are sooo helpful! :D

Lizzie said...

Allie, we probably got it at a yard-sale and just didn't look inside. It has a very deceiving cover.

Enil: Yes, way too helpful. :P