BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 25, 2008

I found my watch!

Yeah. It's been missing for a while. I was so frustrated... you see, my old watch had a velcro wristband, and the velcro was so worn out that getting it wet (it was a water-proof watch, so I wore it while swimming) would make it prone to falling off. And every Wednesday after water polo, I'd dive down to the bottom of the 12 foot pool and retrieve my watch where it fell after the inevitable fight over the water polo ball. So I finally got a water proof watch with a buckle clasp, and promptly lost it. And I was just looking under my bed for my old computer keyboard (don't ask) and found it! Yay.

We watched the Count of Monte Cristo and Frequency this weekend. And my parents and sister watched Bobby Jones without me. I loved the Count of Monte Cristo. I wanted to watch Bobby Jones (I probably will before we return the movies to our friends who loaned them to us) and Frequency.... well, we just finished it, and I'm still stressed out. Firewall stressed me out too. They're both pretty good movies, but when I watch movies, I like to escape from reality. (If you know Frequency, you're probably laughing at me...) My ideal movie is Pride and Prejudice... the worst scare you get is that Darcy doesn't end up with Elizabeth. But in the end it's happily ever after.

I feel like I had something deep and thoughtful to say, but I guess it's a good thing that I forgot it.... whatever it was. I claim ADHD "Attention Deficit in High Definition"... and I would put who said that but Alex told me someone on her swim team said it. And I don't remember the person's name. Ah, well.

Oh, I need to mention that I'm so glad the Olympics are over! It's so nice to not feel like you have to watch all the time or you're missing something important. I actually missed the gold medal water polo matches and I don't really care.

~Lizzie

3 random thoughts:

Jessica said...

I love the Count of Monte Cristo!! It's one of my favorite movies...I need to read the book, though. I heard it was very long.

My ideal movie is also Pride and Prejudice...*sigh* I could watch it again and again. I might finally download the soundtrack, too.

N said...

Speaking of water polo...which you were briefly...what is the purpose of the things over the ears? I assume the caps are so they can tell who's who, but is there some sort of speaker so the players can hear, or is it ear protection, or what?

*sigh* Pride and Prejudice...

Lizzie said...

Yeah, those are to protect your ears... and they actually kinda impede hearing, but they do have the holes so that some sound gets through.