BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 18, 2008

New computer....

Mostly. After hearing a homeopathic doctor speak about how the older computer monitors radiate 10 feet and the new flat screens only 3, my dad decided to get me a new monitor. And while we were at it, we figured we'd replace my old motherboard and CPU. And then my old power supply wasn't powerful enough for the new motherboard and CPU, and my old hard drive wasn't letting us reinstall windows. So I got a new drive as well. So I basically have a new computer, without losing all my stuff! It's really nice.

I had a whole bunch of opinions I was going to share about the Olympics.... but I'm just too tired of the whole shebang.

So, instead of the Olympics, you get to hear about the copperhead we found while walking around our neighborhood. (And yes, just in case anyone-who-remembers-all-my-previous-snake-issues was wondering, I have an unusually frequent encounter rate with snakes. Lucky. Me.) Anyway, as to my story.... we were just calmly walking... okay, calm really doesn't describe us.... never mind the adjectives. We were walking. And Sarah suddenly stopped with a surprised little squeak. I would have screamed. But Sarah merely squeaked. It was kinda dark, so we didn't really see it until Sarah almost stepped on it. And it was so dark that it was hard to tell that it had diamonds on it's back. But we did eventually determine that it had the pattern, and a diamond-shaped head. I immediately voted to kill it... not me personally, but one of the daring males in my family, of course. However, we didn't have any handy tools for such a task, and I guess the men were feeling not-so-daring, so there is most definitely a copperhead in our neighborhood. Thank goodness it's currently on an empty lot that's not really near our house. Otherwise I might be forced to freak out. Which you might think I've already done from this horribly long paragraph in which I only talked about this snake. You know, once I do so well just rambling on in one paragraph, I always wonder how long I could keep going. And then I completely run out of things to say.

Oh well. You'll thank me later. Actually, you're probably already thanking me.... never mind. Only a Monk fan would get that. Anyone? *ahem* Okay, I feel stupid. I should just go to bed... it IS 1 in the morning.

~Lizzie

3 random thoughts:

Sarah said...

I did NOT squeak!!! I jumped back and said "Woah!!". Honestly, it wasn't even near a squeak...

Jessica said...

Maybe Lizzie squeaked right as you jumped back, but thought it was you squeaking.

Wait...oh, okay. I read that sentence wrong. I thought you said the copperhead was walking around in your neighborhood.

And I got the Monk thing... ;)

Allie said...

That would scare me....

And get on IM now that your computer is back!! :)