BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Uugh!!!

That was so annoying!! I'm going to go to bed in a second but I just have to rant about the men's team gymnastics.

The Americans were doing GREAT, the first real mistake was on the pommel horse and that was their last event! The Chinese were looking horribly sloppy. And yet the Chinese got 16's all over the place and we didn't get ONE SINGLE ONE. The announcers were making a big deal about China's unbelievable success. Yeah, unbelievable is right. It's so unbelievable, I don't believe it!! As a matter of fact, I'm guessing that China threatened the gymnastics judges with something beginning with Chinese water torture and ending in a horrible death just to get those ridiculous scores. BTW, did you hear that China made their gymnastics coaches sign some kind of contract to NOT LET their gymnasts get hurt?? How are you supposed to prevent injuries in that kind of sport? That's just INSANE. I'm so worked up I don't know how I'm going to get to sleep. URGH.

At least the Americans got bronze. If we'd lost even the bronze to the Germans after they did EVEN WORSE on the pommel horse ..... well, then we'd know for sure that not only did the Chinese force the judges to make them win, but they also forced the judges to keep us out of the medals. *shakes index finger at the judges in China*

*sigh* The Olympics are just supposed to be entertainment for me..... I shouldn't be so frustrated. I just really really it when it's so obvious that the judges are being unfair.

~Lizzie

8 random thoughts:

Anonymous said...

That IS frustrating! Sorry to seem apathetic, though...I guess it's something you've got to not let bug you. I mean it is a sport, not the end of the world. :P

Allie said...

I must admit, this TOTALLY frustrated me!!! (sorry, jess, but I'm a gymnast nut) They had a clean routine until the pommels, and they still got the bronze. Granted, a lot of people weren't even expecting that since they lost both of the Hamm brothers...but still.

You've heard about the chinese womans team cheating, right? There's suspicion that at least 3 of their gymnasts (am I spelling that right? It's too early in the morning....) are 14 or younger. You're supposed to be 16 to compete at the olympics. Some of our forensics looked at them, and they said based off of a few things (the size of their pupils and some other body features) they could be as young as 10 or 11. China presented some passports to prove they were older. Problem: one girl has been 15 for 3 years...that's kinda not possible. So anyways, that's been frustrating me bigtime. The girls need to pull a gold tonight!!! (and they should with Shawn, Nastia, Brigid, and Alicia)

Jessica said...

I like gymnastics...I just prefer the kind of sports where scoring is determined by fact, not people's opinions.

Allie said...

Well, some of it is fact...there are certain scores for certain element.

Jessica said...

True...but the whole thing isn't fact, like how in water polo a goal means one point, or in swimming, the person who touches first wins, and it is always that way.

Lizzie said...

I agree Jess, it's nice when the score is fact. But in water polo the ref can still call or not call fouls that might change who CAN make scores and swimmers can get DQ's. It still isn't completely fact. At least there hasn't been any DQing in the Olympics so far. :P

Anonymous said...

Yeah...but that was pretty bad about Michael Phelp's goggles leaking...I hate leaky goggles!

And BTW, Allison told me to tell you to check your facebook.

Lizzie said...

Check my facebook..... okay.