BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, August 29, 2008

Oh dear....

Well, thank goodness Hillary wasn't nominated. Now let's just hope that Obama doesn't have an "accident" that magically places Hillary back in the running. And just so you know, the ONLY reason I'm hoping that is because I think Obama is stupider than Hillary, and thus is more likely to screw up his own campaign. Plus, as much as I hate to admit it, McCain made a pretty good choice of a running mate in Sarah Palin. I can't STAND to see women in leadership positions, but at least it's a woman with good morals.... and hey, she's not running for president. *despairing sigh* At least.. not yet.

But I can't forget the story of the prophetess Deborah. She said to Barak, ""The LORD, the God of Israel, commands you: 'Go, take with you ten thousand men of Naphtali and Zebulun and lead the way to Mount Tabor. I will lure Sisera, the commander of Jabin's army, with his chariots and his troops to the Kishon River and give him into your hands.' "

Barak said to her, "If you go with me, I will go; but if you don't go with me, I won't go." "Very well," Deborah said, "I will go with you. But because of the way you are going about this, the honor will not be yours, for the LORD will hand Sisera over to a woman." So Deborah went with Barak to Kedesh. (Judges 4:6-9)

So perhaps God is using Sarah Palin because the Godly men aren't "going about this" the right way. Who knows.

~Lizzie

12 random thoughts:

N said...

So perhaps God is using Sarah Palin because the Godly men aren't "going about this" the right way.

Yeah, that's what I always think...having a woman "ruling" is partly a judgement. :(

Anonymous said...

really?? hmmm... i was actually wishing that it was Hilary Vs. Mccain instead of obama. I think hilary would be easier to defeat because so many democrats dislike the clintons/ etc. Now Obama.....i think its really creepy how everyone loves him and believes every word he says. I think unfortunately he will be really hard to defeat,but thats just in my opinion. and im not expert....*lauren clark*

N said...

I don't want either of them for president. I think Obama will do less damage during his term than Hillary would have...and I do think he'll win, although Palin might help McCain.

I think Obama's promising an awful lot too! We were listening to his acceptance speech last night and he was promising to do a bunch of tangible things (more than he could possibly accomplish) but then also he was promising to change the moral standards of this country, and saying that he thinks men should be good leaders of their families and all. And I agree with him about that, but there's not anything he can really do about all that!!

Jessica said...

Personally, I just wish there was a check-box on the voting-card-thing (yes, that makes me sound so educated) that was for the option: "I refuse to vote for anyone because all the candidates are crappy." I wonder how many people would check that besides me...

Anonymous said...

I would! Except I can't vote yet...

The Mattrix said...

You might be right.

N said...

I would too! Since I don't think there's any way to do a write-in vote on the ballot in NC...grrr...

Lizzie said...

Well, unfortunately... even if you think all the candidates are lousy, somehow I highly doubt that the officials will see all the "I refuse to vote for anyone" ballots and say, "Hey! Hold everything! Some people aren't voting! We have to do something about the candidates!" I believe in voting for the lesser of two evils.

Lizzie said...

Oh, and I'm not an expert either, Lauren, (obviously, lol) and it was really creepy how everyone swallowed everything he said. But he's gotten kinda careless now, and I think people are waking up. That's what I meant by him being stupid enough to ruin his own campaign. I just hope he does it fast enough to keep from getting elected. :P

Lizzie said...

Well, Mattrix, I've been subconsciously trying to figure out who you meant, but I can't figure it out. Who might be right, and about what? I'm probably the only one still reading these comments though... ah, well.

Olivia Joy said...

Naw Lizzie I'm still reading them :p

I think that God can use woman just as much as he can men. I'm not some macho "woman can do everything guys can do" kind of person, but I do think that God has placed Sarah Palin in a place of leadership for "such a time as this."

I think a lot of times we pre-judge people just because of there color, gender etc. God doesn't want us to put him or people he choses to put in leadership in a box.

Lizzie said...

Very well said, Olivia! I agree. :)