BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

My Mind Isn't Working

Note to all: Taping your eyelids open just to see the last part of the mens' gymnastics all-around final is a bad idea.

Which is why I didn't do it. Instead I fell asleep in a most uncomfortable position in my chair, with very good intentions of waking up for Jonathan Hornton's floor routine. Unfortunately, I didn't wake up until Mom kept saying something very confusing... I think it was, "Move it upstairs, Lizzie." I couldn't figure out what she meant, and seeing that the TV was off, I trudged upstairs and went to bed.

I'm already tired of the Olympics. It's just cramming our already somewhat hectic life even fuller. I wish I could come home from swimming on Tuesdays and Thursdays and just eat supper and go to bed (we get home at 8pm). But no! The Olympics are on and the incredible draw of the TV drags me into the living room and again, I "stay up" til 1:30 or 2 and then try to sleep in to make up for it.

Have you ever noticed that it doesn't matter how long you sleep, if you stayed up late you're still going to feel tired?

Oh, well, I can't concentrate anymore, and for some reason, what I'm typing is taking a long time to appear, so I'm going to go have some more caffeine and try to pretend I'm functioning for another day.

~Lizzie

8 random thoughts:

Allie said...

Haha. Yeah, I've done that every day this week. Not a good thing to do the week before school starts. But I can't miss the gymnastics or the swimming, so I have to. It's probably a good thing that I won't have a tv at school. :)

BTW, did you get my message on facebook about tomorrow?

Anonymous said...

To be honest, I've almost completely ignored the Olympics. First time I watched it, synchronized diving was on, I mentally went "meh" and never really got into the whole deal.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I have noticed that. Sleeping is rigged, I tell you.

The Mattrix said...

Same thing I've been doing. Not meaning to, yet staying up to an ungodly hour to watch every single event. I'm determined to stop.

Anna Taylor said...

I did not go to sleep until 1:00 am because of the gymnastics!

Lizzie said...

Well, I guess that's lucky for you, in a way, Kor. At least you aren't sleep-deprived because of an unhealthy interest in the Olympics. :D

I decided to stop watching as well, Mattrix. But then... it only happens every 4 years... I never get to watch gymnastics otherwise, and the only swimming I see is at TAC or meets. But the good news is that there's only 2 or 3 more days of swimming and gymnastics. Then my life can go back to its semblance of normal...

Jessica said...

But then there are the rest of the events that you NEVER really get to see...like the trampoline! And am I the only one who keeps accidentally refering to handball as "land water polo"?

N said...

Trampoline?!