BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Beach vacation 3

Well, I should have known that my luck is way too rotten to work. We started our horrible 15 minute walk down the beach to watch for the turtles, and I noticed a light down on the beach (waaaaaay in the distance).... "wait... that's not the pier lights. AHHHH!! They're out already!!" (The turtle patrol people hold a light out near the ocean because the turtles like to go to the light.) Mom and I had started out ahead of everyone else, so I called Daddy and screeched something about the light. Then Mom and I started running. Daddy said that they would drive. So about 10 minutes later, I finally arrived at the scene of the turtles, with cramps in my legs and completely out of breath. Just in time to see about 6 turtles crawl into the ocean. So at least I got to see them. I know now that they're about the size of quarters. But needless to say, after a total of about 7 hours sitting on the beach waiting for them, I'm completely bummed that I only got to see the last 5 minutes. And what's really annoying is that the turtle people dug them out of the hole early because of the hurricane.

*sigh*

~Lizzie

6 random thoughts:

Anonymous said...

The Turtle People. Fascinating. Perhaps we should write a story about them.

Well, at least you got to see a little bit! But that is disappointing. The size of quarters...that's amazing. We caught one little turtle (we think it was a snapping turtle) last summer or something, and it was probably a little smaller than this "leave a comment" box, and that's pretty small for a turtle. So is it a different breed, or do they look bigger on television?

Anonymous said...

Yes, I think the Turtle People are up to something as well.

Anonymous said...

Maybe they are in league with Bubba the Trucker...

Lizzie said...

Meh. I don't want to write a story about them. And they were definitely up to something also. But definitely not in league with Bubba the Trucker! Bubba is cool... he went out on the beach and stuff. Much better than Joel... Joel just wanted to watch TV 24/7.

Anonymous said...

Well...does that make Joel Bubba's evil alter-ego?

Anonymous said...

And I like the new background! I think I had it for a couple of days before I decided it was too Michelle-ish for me...but it works for your blog, too!