BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Beach vacation

I'm actually attempting a post, but it might end up really short. However, the aforementioned issues with the laptop have magically disappeared. The 'o' key is fine, and the space bar isn't taking 2 hours to insert a space.

So anyway. After we get home I will hopefully post tons of pictures that will make everyone sufficiently envious. And hey, if anyone wants to come join us for the rest of the week, the lower level of our cottage is available.... :P

Sarah and I got up this morning at 6 to get pictures of the sunrise and then we checked on the sea turtle nests. Last night when we were walking we met some "Turtle Patrol" people sitting around 2 nests, and they said that if we came out between about 8 and 11 tonight and tomorrow night that we'd probably get to see them hatch!! They didn't hatch while we were out there tonight, but hopefully they'll hatch tomorrow night. I just hope they don't hatch NOW. We should be able to get a video too, which I will upload to YouTube and then to my blog when we get home this weekend. That is... if we get the video.

This afternoon we rode the ferry over to the ugliest lighthouse I've ever seen. I've forgotten its name. No real loss, I'm sure. It looked like a glorified light pole. And you weren't even allowed to climb it. The ferry ride was a lot of fun though, and we got some ice cream. :D I think it was Oak Island....

We're having a great time, and I'm soooo excited about the sea turtles. I've seen the nests several times before, with the orange tape and sign threatening a fine of $500 for tampering, but I've never had the opportunity to see them hatch, and I would dearly like to see it.

Oh, and before I go, I have to make fun of the condos next to us. I think they've all checked out now, but when we checked in, there were people jammed into a tiny little pool.... about 10 steps from the beach. Maybe they were concerned about the rip tides.... I'm sure there was a good reason, but it just looked silly. :P

And Sarah and I saw deer tracks on the beach this morning. That was weird.

~Lizzie

3 random thoughts:

The Mattrix said...

Sounds like you guys are living it up. Deer on the beach? They're up to something.

Anonymous said...

If you find any poop...er...feces, it's probably a time bomb. Back away quickly and go call the bomb squad.

Sea turtles...that's so cool!! I mean, I've seen them hatch on TV and stuff...man, that's awesome. I hope you get a video.

I love to make fun of neighbors at the beach...

Anonymous said...

I know, Mattrix... it looked like they were running too. Very suspicious.

Ah, Bomb Man!! Great memories...