BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Some things should never be shared....

*glares at Sarah* Thanks, but no thanks. (She's sharing her cold.) So now I'm frying myself in my Seahawks sweatshirt, sweatpants and socks and I just had the worst breakfast imaginable.... trying to fix the effects of Sarah's generosity before I actually really get sick. Right now all I have is a slight sore throat.

Here's a picture of my delectable morning meal:

From left to right, we have: a glass of water (for taking the pile of vitamins on the right), a small glass of echinacea tincture mixed with concentrated cranberry juice to disguise the awful taste. Then a glass of grapefruit juice mixed with superfood. *gag* Superfood is comprised of seaweed and orange peels, among other things just as disgusting. And now I'm sucking on a Vitamin C tablet. I think it's supposed to be orange flavored.

And yes, I used three glasses just so I could give you a picture.

So it's only 9:30 and so far my day isn't going so good. Besides the beginnings of a cold, the Hawks baseball game that I was looking forward to was canceled. *pout* And on top of that, the Plugged In Online review for Eagle Eye came out, and it's not good.

*sigh*

~Lizzie

12 random thoughts:

Sarah said...

I'm sorry... I guess. :P
Too bad about the game.

Jessica said...

First of all, I am sorry you have a cold and you have to have superfood in grape fruit juice. But seriously, it's much better in orange juice. Also, I am glad I am not the only person in the world who must take a million vitamins when I am sick.

Second of all, sorry about the game. But at least it won't be going on without you.

Third of all, perhaps you shouldn't take the Plugged In reviews too seriously. I think I told you this already, but I just stopped reading them because they were ruining all the books, movies, and music I enjoyed or would have otherwise enjoyed. I mean, unless it's just something you don't want to expose yourself to...but that's easily seen in the rating of the movie and why they rate it that. But I just have a very low respect/tolerance with Focus on the Family, particularly Dr. Dobson. He just has this way of making sure everybody sees evil in everything, and I don't like it. Example: how he thinks that on Sesame Street, Ernie and Bert are gay because they live together (in separate beds, doing nothing homosexual), and that Zoe is Lesbian because she isn't friends with any girls. Frankly I think those are stupid conclusions for a show aimed at kids who don't even know what homosexual means (and if they do, they shouldn't). Sorry, this is getting really long, but now you can see why I don't read those reviews.

Lizzie said...

I just like Plugged In Online because it looks at things from more of my perspective than most critics. If Plugged In says a movie is good, we can know that it's squeaky clean. That doesn't mean that if Plugged In says a movie's bad that we won't watch it. Like, with Eagle Eye, we're waiting for it to come on TV so that the language will be cleaned up. (Which is going to take forever! :| )

Wow.... that's pretty dumb that he would think that about Sesame Street. Would he prefer that a guy and girl live together? I have very little respect for Dr. Dobson as well, but I still appreciate their thorough reviews. They present all the negatives they found along with their opinion and I still feel free to make my own choice.

Anonymous said...

Phhhfffttt I watched EE at a pre-released with William the other night and I've got to say it was a pretty decent movie. Now the villain was an extreme letdown, uhg, totally pathetic, think of something original. But the movie and acting was pretty decent.

As for language, to be honest there isn't much you can do about it. Any pg-13/R rated movie these days is going to have language, nothing new there.

I hear worse language every day at VGCC and during basketball as well. I've probably become too numb for it, but I really can't find myself offended by language anymore.

Jessica said...

The thing is, though...I don't feel as free to formulate my opinion as you may feel, Lizzie. I feel...convicted...if I like something and then Plugged In says it's bad, and these are the reasons. Otherwise, I see what you're saying. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't really want anybody's opinion in the first place, which sounds a little bad...I don't mean it that way, though.

As for language, I'm with Kor. I'm not saying it's good, but it's something where you just hear it all the time anyways, and it's probably the easiest thing to just tune out/forget about. I wouldn't want to watch anything with strong language with my brothers in the room, but that's what the rating is for. Anyways, to read about how bad the language is, you have to subconsciously imagine the bad language in your head, and that's just as bad.

Lizzie said...

Well, I do NOT hear language every day. I only hear it in movies. But Sarah said she convinced Daddy to let us see Eagle Eye anyway. So maybe if I watch enough movies like that my conscience will give up too.

Jessica said...

Well, it's not like I go around:

a) Being promiscuous
b) Killing people
OR
c) doing drugs

And all these things happen in everyday life as well as in the movies. I'm not going to go around swearing, no matter how much or little I'm exposed to other people doing it.

Lizzie said...

I'm sorry, my comment sounded sardonic, didn't it? I'm numb to those 3 things that you've mentioned, and I only meant that I've somehow not become numb to language and it still kinda shocks me. Obviously I don't go around doing any of that either....

Jessica said...

You're forgiven, even though my response was also quite sardonic, which I am also very sorry for.

I'm glad you don't go around doing all that stuff. :)

Lizzie said...

Thank you... and you are also forgiven. :)

Yeah, me too. :P

Anonymous said...

Group hug!

Jessica said...

Ha...