BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 22, 2008

Mondays.....

It seems like on Mondays everyone's intelligence is lower than normal.... maybe too much TV over the weekend? And I feel so lucky that this universal daze falls on the day that I drive the most. On Mondays I take Joel and David to basketball (and attempt to finish my math book from last year to the sound of dribbling balls and hoarse shouts), then we come home, grab something to eat and I take Joel to baseball practice, drop him off early, and rush to Wake Forest to pick Sarah up from band... always arriving a few minutes late. Then we run errands and go back to pick Joel up from baseball. Today I encountered at least 5 people who didn't know how to drive, and 7 people who couldn't read speed limit signs. Nothing is more frustrating when you're late than to be stuck behind a car that's just coasting around. Hello... the speed limit's 45! Whyyyyyyyy are you going 30?

When Sarah and I got to baseball, Sean was pitching and Mark was batting. Sean threw a ball, and Mark teased, "Air ball, Sean! If it'd dropped down about 20 feet it would have been a good pitch!" A little later, they switched; Mark pitched and Sean hit. Sean hit a foul and Mark taunted, "Is that where you wanted it?" It really cracks me up how the guys are all friends but they still tease each other like that.

Joel's started taking strange drinks to baseball. On the way home he announced that no one has yet managed to guess correctly. "Christian guessed orange juice... and Sean guessed apple juice."
"Well, how are they supposed to know to guess pomegranate and mango juice?" I asked, incredulously.
We're probably the only people in the world who drink mango juice instead of orange juice. Actually, our usual stock of juice includes cranberry, pomegranate, mango and occasionally apple.

Then my day of driving was topped off with a two-mile long line of cars backed up over the 540 overpass, which we cross over on our way home from baseball. We probably sat there in that line of cars for 10 minutes.

I'm looking forward to the release of two movies.... "Eagle Eye" coming out on the 26th and "An American Carol" coming out October 3rd. I don't know if they're going to be any good or not, but the trailers look pretty interesting to me.

4 random thoughts:

N said...

Mango juice tastes much better than orange juice! The only kind of orange juice I usually like is the cheap "made from concentrate" kind like Minute Maid...and my mom can't stand that stuff. :D We don't usually buy mango juice either though. :(

Jessica said...

I guess it wouldn't work just to send Joel with Coach between basketball and baseball?

I'm wondering, though...since one person guessed orange juice and another apple juice...it must be something kind of in the middle. Mangos are orange and pomegranates are...well...not, and I guess like a darker, clearer color when juiced. So, using deductive reasoning and some 20/20 hindsight...of course it was mango-pomegranate juice!!

Okay, that was just pointless and not what I meant to say. I've been out of it all day today...a Monday thing, for sure.

Lizzie said...

I love mango juice... but I also like pulpy orange juice. So I kinda miss orange juice.

Actually, it would work.... And we just realized it today. :P

Um.... great... reasoning. Haha.

I know, I have been too. This was a very mentally trying Monday. More than usual.

Allie said...

I love Mango juice!!!!! And Mondays.......ick.