BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 5, 2008

Beach vacation 4

The picture edition...... Yeah, we're home now. Hurricane Hanna forced us home early.


Joel... being Joel.

Still being Joel.


David on the beach.

Sarah taking pictures of the sunrise.

One of the deer tracks.

One of my sunrise pics.

We make shapes with our Bananagrams tiles...

Making shapes. (Not playing the actual game yet.)

Guess what my shape is?

Joel made the White House.

Some kind of shell creature.... they hide in the sand until a wave comes, and then they pop up.. I guess to eat. This was a whole big group of them. I absolutely love watching them.

David throwing sand.

Daddy and Joel playing frisbee.

Sarah sitting with her camera.

I felt like writing my name in the sand...

The sea turtle nest that so unobligingly hatched 15 minutes too late.

Another sunrise.


Two sandpipers.

A tiny lizard... he was about 3 inches long.

My stuff. David and I got skim boards on Wednesday. He learned how to skim board. I tried. After several undignified and somewhat painfull falls, I learned how to do it with only one foot... and hopped along with the other to keep from falling. Hopefully I'll get it eventually.

I got a video of David skim boarding, but I'm having trouble with my video software, so I'll upload it as soon as I can get it fixed.

~Lizzie

5 random thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Ummm...your shape is...petals around a rose? :)

Very nice ocean pictures....sorry you had to leave early! :( That happened to us when Floyd came. Did Joel and Sarah not skim board?

Lizzie said...

Haha... that's better than what it originally was. So yeah, we'll leave it as petals around a rose. :P

Nope, we couldn't get Sarah and Joel to skim board. Sarah spent most of the prime skim-boarding time just laying on her beach towel. Getting a tan. And Joel had an ingrown toenail and refused to walk. Much less engage in a injurious activity like skim-boarding.

Anonymous said...

Amy B. had an ingrown toenail when she was 10 or 11 from her pointe shoes and had to have it operated on.....

Gee, that's a lovely dose of information right there.

N said...

It's a turtle!!

And I like the photos and also the new template on here. :)

Lizzie said...

Thank you! :)