BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 28, 2008

*shudders*

I watch movies to escape real life. I DO NOT watch movies to see the hero killed right after the heroine finally gives in and admits to loving him. That was probably the worst movie I've ever seen in that respect.

I have two main rules for entertainment: 1. The good people always live happily ever after and 2. The bad people either realize the error of their ways, or are punished for their misdeeds and rendered incapable of interfering in the happily ever after of the heros and heroines.

Now I'm depressed. Is entertainment supposed to make you depressed? I DON'T THINK SO!

~Lizzie

5 random thoughts:

Jessica said...

But which movie is it this time? :P

Well, at least before he died he knew she loved him. Imagine him just dying and never knowing. That would have been terrible and very sad. :(

However, I agree. I think I watched Alias for too long, and that got me in the mindframe that if a character dies, he/she doesn't really die. They will come back to life or turn out to have just faked their death in the next few episodes. So it's a little shocking to me when people in movies or books actually die. Lesse..."Bridge to Terabithia", "Miss Potter", and some other movie I saw recently that I can't remember what it was are some examples.

Sarah said...

Next time you actually LIKE a movie, Lizzie, do share it with us. ;P

Lizzie said...

It was called A Shadow in the North. It's an adaptation of the Philip Pullman novel, apparently one of four in the Sally Lockhart series. They're dark and kinda creepy mystery stories. Actually, REALLY creepy. And it was really maddening that he died. He died in a fire set by the bad guys because he was trying to rescue a girl who wanted to die.

And then I thought that maybe he wasn't really dead, because she kept imagining him, and you could see him just as if he was really there. And then he'd disappear.

I shall. It's just easier to rant about the movies I don't like than to rave about the ones I do.

Jessica said...

Okay, here's how you do it. 1. Go see a really good movie (NOT the new Beowulf movie). 2. Blog about that movie, using this simple format: "I just saw *insert good movie title*. It was a great movie (mutters under breath: Finally...). I highly recommend it because *insert reason*."

And at least you don't get upset when the bad guy dies. I got very sad when the Colonel with the striking blue eyes in The Patriot died...*sniffles in rememberence*

Lizzie said...

Humph. Let it be noted that I posted good reviews for WALL-E and North and South. Feel free to peruse my "review" tag.