BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 26, 2008

Never watch trilogies..

Pirates of the Caribbean, LOTR, X-Men .... all started out okay/good and ended terrible. It's like the producers go, "Ah, I know, let's sucker some people in with 2 great movies and then bum them out with the 3rd. If we all do it, they'll never suspect that we're intentionally disappointing them, they'll just think it was slump. And then we do it all over again with another trilogy. And what really great is that when the first movie comes out, they won't know it's a trilogy, so even if they figure it out, we can still grab them with the first movie and have them so hooked on the story-line that they'll watch the others anyway, even though they know that it'll be horrible."

The director of the Bourne trilogy messed it up though. He did an entirely good series and woke up the public, and now we can recognize horrible endings. I'm not sure whether or not to be grateful. Anyway, all that to say, *spoiler*

Never watch the X-Men series. At the end of the trilogy, the hero kills the heroine to protect humanity when all he had to do was give her a shot. And it would have been just as easy to give her the shot as kill her. It royally stunk.

I can't believe the ratio of movies I like to movies I despise.

~Lizzie

3 random thoughts:

Jessica said...

Okay...if we take your advice and don't ever watch trilogies, then how are we supposed to know the Bourne trilogy ended up well? Okay, maybe I'm the only person on the planet who hasn't gotten around to watching the third one yet. Perhaps I'm secretly afraid of it being bad. PotC was definitely not as good as it could have been. It was interesting enough on its own, but it did kind of sink after what was supposed to be a stand-alone movie. LotR turned out fine, to me. Sure, it wasn't all great, but it was better than the Two Towers, which dragged on for a long time. But then the book was that way too. Never watched the X-Men movies, and now I don't want to.

All of that to say, it's not always trilogies....take Batman for instance. Let's pretend the two Christian Bale movies are by themselves and before they existed nobody had ever owned Batman comic books or watched the "ka-BAM" stuff on TV. Just the second movie was just not that good of a plot to me. It bugged me...but that's another discussion. This is getting way longer than your post on my post on my blog. :/ :P

Sarah said...

Ever noticed how Lizzie posts these "this movie is horrible" posts right after watching a new movie? I think you take them too seriously, Lizzie. ;P I rather liked X-Men 3. :)
The only trilogy I can think of that's close to being not worth watching is PotC...

Lizzie said...

Because I told you that the Bournes ended well...? I don't know. I never expect people to actually consider taking my advice. I guess I should be more careful of what I advise.

And the problem is that if I really liked a movie I'm usually too excited about it to want to do a blog post, and then it gets forgotten. I do like some movies.... But NOT X-Men 3. Well, that is to say that the whole movie was ruined by the end.