BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 14, 2008

My life needs a pause button.

Or, as Monk would say, a 'picture freezer' button....

Recently, it has been brought to my attention (again) that I have not been posting as often as I should be. (read: as often as Lizzie) Therefore, I shall now post a post explaining why I do not post. Ironic, right?

First, I have no time. As I write this I am continually reminding myself of the numerous other thing I should be doing instead.
Right now, I'm in the middle of 3 art projects, need to start 4, and have then all finished by the State Fair deadline. Which is in a little over a week... I think.

Also, I should be practicing flute. Some of you know that I have recently joined the Lighthouse Christian Homeschool band. Having never been in a band before, I REALLY need to be practicing right now. BTW, for anyone who cares: Band is the reason I'll not be at Water Polo for a while. (Who knows how long a while is...)

Tuesday is voice lessons/Broadway dance class/musical theatre, an I gotta practice for that too. *is overwhelmed, and bangs head on desk* .... I decided, I am definitely not a dancer, unfortunately, it a requirement for musical theatre. We're doing "Oklahoma!" BTW. Somehow, it's gonna be made do-able.

Then of course, there's swim team, Radical Wednesday... baseball and basketball (OK, I don't do those, but they still use my time.) Yesterday, I had a grand total of about 30 mins of free time from 6:30 AM 'till 8:00 PM. (Don't get me wrong I enjoyed nearly every minute of it, it just doesn't leave time for posting)

That's just my first reason, but don't worry, that was my main one, the second reason will be shorter. :)

Second, I have nothing to write about. (Have you noticed this post doesn't have a plot??) Nothing worth writing about happens to me that doesn't happen to Lizzie, and we can't post the same thing. *Hehe*

That's it. (See? I told you the second reason would be shorter)

Random Question: does it seen strange to any of y'all that I enjoy mowing the lawn?? My neighbor was making fun of me yesterday for enjoying it. [/random question]

There you have it, in a considerable more amount than a nutshell, the incredible hectic-ness of my life right now, and the reason I have not been posting. Be happy. Be VERY happy. ... or else.

Now, if you will please excuse me, (no applause necessary) it's 6:15, and I have only had half a energy drink, half a 6 inch sub, half a root beer, and a few potato chips. Needless to say, I'm hungry. (ever thought it was funny that people say "needless to say" and then go ahead and say whatever it was that was needless to say anyway?)

--Sarah

6 random thoughts:

Jessica said...

Okay, my comments, in order of when they appeared in my head as I was reading your post:

1. Lighthouse?? How can you be associating with them? They're our enemies...er...competition in basketball. You must just be doing them a favor by playing on their band.

2. Oklahoma? Coolness...now I'm very sorry I didn't do it. Okay, I was already sorry, but I'm sorry-er.

3. You could always tell Lizzie to blog less, so that "Nothing worth writing about happens to me that doesn't happen to Lizzie, and we can't post the same thing" won't really apply.

4. Lizzie doesn't go to band with you. You could blog about your adventures in the band...

5. This is getting long, I know. Just hang on.

6. I think that enjoying mowing the lawn is totally absurd and that perhaps you should go see a psychiatrist.

7. I will stand here smiling with my teeth gritted and pretend that I am very happy for your sake as well as my own.

8. I think to preface the supposedly "needless to say" statement with "needless to say" is to simply make the speaker of the obvious declaration look good incase the listener, having heard such an obvious comment, rolls his or her eyes at the obviousness of the thing that was needless to say, thus eliminating the possibility of the listener thinking the speaker is somewhat dim or the speaker feeling embarrassed because the listener believes he or she is dim. That is not to say you are dim, and I do not think you are...I say "needless to say" a lot, too.

Now, does that make any sense?

Sarah said...

(1) Actually, at least 3 of the people in the band play basketball for the Hawks, and as far as I know, none of them play for lighthouse. ;)

(4) If I ever get enough time I probably will do that... it can be very amusing.

(6) Great. I thought it was normal.

(7) Good.

(8) *reads over twice* yeah, that makes sense. :D

Jessica said...

Wow...it only took you two times to read it? Amazing... :P

Sarah said...

I read it real careful the second time. ;P

Lizzie said...

I got it the first time. *smirks proudly*

Allie said...

haha. I got it the first time, too. :)

Sarah, have you finished those projects for the state fair? What are they? Or do I have to wait until then to find out what they look like?